Ups And Downs

Lilac sighed. "Not enjoying work so far?" Rose said, coming up from behind her. They were in the café break room during their break. "Yeah." Lilac responded. "The manager says I do so poorly and, apparently, my customers aren't satisfied with my work. I'm a waitress! How can I do everything wrong? The only thing I do is talk to Moon every time he comes, but it's small talk."

"Yeah. Nobody likes the manager, but we need to money..." Rose huffed. "Hey! You two, get on with your job! We need to be making money, not dilly dallying on the job!" The manager said. He was a fierce Arcanine.

"It's our break?" Rose said in a sharp tone. "You're about to get fired. You know I don't like it when people talk back." The Arcanine growled. "That's how a conversation works." Rose said, shrugging. "I don't know what your problem is, but Lilac and I are staying here."

"What? Don't bring me into this!" Lilac said in a frantic hushed whisper. "Pfft. I got this." Rose whispered back.

"HEY!" The Arcanine roared. "What are you guys whispering to each other? Get back to work! Your break time is now over." Rose chuckled. "I don't know why you think you are, but just because you are the manager doesn't mean you can cut people's paycheck, stop their breaks short, and get more money. You've been off the past few weeks, and even the customers are complaining."

"It must have been something you've done!" The manager growled. "What have I said time and time again? The customer is ALWAYS right!"

"I never said the customer wasn't right. In fact, I believe that the customer couldn't have been more true when she said my manager was the worst." Rose yelled.

"Leave this place!" The Arcanine roared. "You're FIRED!"

"GOOD!" The feisty Espeon yelled back.

Lilac was stunned. What just happened? Why was Rose actually dumb enough to follow through with that?

"You're good to stay here and keep working, Lilac." The Arcanine said, annoyed at the Espeon. "Um, no," Lilac said, bracing herself for the worst, most dumb decision of her life. "I quit."

"Fine, then. Go! You guys were useless, anyway." The Arcanine muttered. "If we're so useless, you do everything yourself, then." Rose spat. Lilac shushed her and hurried out of the café all the while being watched by the Pokémon around them, trying to eat their meal or drink their drink.

"Rose, what was that? That was the dumbest thing you could have ever possibly done! You got yourself fired!" Lilac said. "I know what I'm doing, Lilac." Rose said calmly. "Follow me." She said, and Lilac had no choice but to trust her.

They walked around the cobblestone streets of Moonlight Cove. The sun was at its highest peak. The two Pokémon headed for the middle of the city to the near ruins of a building.

In the middle of the town, there was a sort of ancient building. It was called "Clearpool Temple." It was a temple that held one of the most treasured artifacts in the Pokémon world - the Book of Evolution.

As you may have guessed, the Book of Evolution was quite literally what it was named, a book of every Pokémon evolution line, along everything about that Pokémon. It was like a Pokédex, but Book form. There was also something else about it.

There was an extinct Pokémon in that book that no longer lived. It was an old evolution of Eevee that, apparently, was so common back then but is but a legend now. They call it the Dreameon, with a pair of butterfly wings and two pairs of antennae.

Of course, it doesn't seem like much. But the Dreameon was actually a bit legendary back then, too, and extremely hard to get your average Eevee to evolve into.