A Date And a Strange Group

"Hey. Sorry about last night, " Moon said to Lilac at the island in the kitchen. "It's just that Lily keeps on tugging me around everywhere! I tell her to stop, but it only gets worse, to be honest."

"It's okay," Lilac assured him. "These things can happen. But it sure isn't easy to get it to stop." Rose nodded in agreement. "You've got that right. That Glaceon is stubborn as a Mudbray." Rose shook her head as she got a glass of orange juice from the juice bar.

"Orange juice?" Moon scoffed. "I prefer grape juice." Lilac giggled. "No way! Passion juice for the win!" She exclaimed. "Huh. I've never had juice from a passion fruit." Rose said, tilting her head. Then she grabbed a separate glass and poured a bit of passion juice in. Only a little, just to make sure she liked it.

Rose took a sip. "Mmm, this is really good!" She said, finishing the sip and pouring some more. "Told you." Replied Lilac with a smile. Moon chuckled. "Your smile is very pretty, Lilac. Did I ever mention that?" He complimented. "Thank you," said the Sylveon, beaming. She nuzzled him, then caught Moon blushing.

"Ooh, Moon, you dirty dog." Rose said haugtily. "What?" Moon said, still smiling. "You're blushing!" She said. "Come here." She said as she leaned in to whisper to the Umbreon. Lilac didn't like it when she didn't know something.

"What did she say to you?" Lilac asked Moon as he sat up again. "Well, Lilac..." Moon said, clearing his throat gently. "Do you want to go out with me?"

Lilac gasped. "Really?" Exclaimed the excited Sylveon. "Yes." Moon said, smiling warmly. Lilac calmed down and smiled up at the Dark-type. Then, she hugged him, catching his summery midnights scent. "I'd love to."

━☽【❖】☾━

"Alright, so you'd go with Darki?" Lilac asked, looking at Rose through the mirror, fixing her plaid bow and ruffling her purple-pink plaid dress.

"Sure, why not?" Rose said, a warm blush lightly spreading. "I love the dresses you got us. What was that department store called? Mabel's Holowear? It's great." Rose said after a moment of fixing her own purple plaid dress.

"Wait. How do you know Darki?" Rose said. Lilac laughed. "He's my cousin, idiot." Rose looked at her. "Of course, of course. You date my Umbreon cousin, and I'll date your Shiny Umbreon cousin." She said. "Yep!" Lilac said, finally fixing her dress to her desire. Then, she turned to Rose in utter confusion. "Wait. How do YOU know Darki?!"

Rose sighed. Not a tired sigh, but a happy one. "He grew up with me. We were good friends, but by the time we reached middle school, he stopped coming outside. That was my love language when we were little - just ask me to play outside." She laughed. "Anyway, he was my neighbor. I'm pretty sure he was tired of neighbor drama because my other neighbor would start stuff all the time. I was good friends with both of them, so I never knew who to side with. It would always be him, though. Just because I've always liked him."

"Huh, interesting. Seems like you could know him better than I do." Lilac joked. "Yup..." Rose said. "Well, you ready for the double date?" The Espeon nodded. "Yeah." Rose said. "Alright, then. Let's go."

They drove to the restaurant Moon told Lilac to go to. Darki was already there, getting out of his car when Lilac pulled up and parked.

"Hey, Darki." Said Lilac, hugging him. "It's been a while since I've seen you," Darki said, his blue rings glowing faintly in the dusky sky. "Yup, you too!" Lilac said. "But you're still my favorite cousin." Lilac booped him on the nose with a ribbon.

"Anyways, where's your da.." Darki began. He stopped talking once he saw Rose in her plaid dress. "Oh... Hey Rose." Darki said. "Hey, Darki," Rose said, chuckling.