A Moonlit Night On The Beach

"Last night was so fun!" Lilac said the next morning. "Yup, especially meeting that new group." Rose added. Lilac giggled. "And that."

They were at the café. But they weren't working, they were waiting to order. The duo were at a table beside the small group of trees that lined one of the sides of the outdoor eating area.

"Hello, what would you two like to order?" Said their waitress. "I would like an iced white chocolate mocha, please." Lilac said. "I would like the same, please," Rose said after her. "Alright! I'll get it to you in a bit." Said the waitress as she walked into the café.

Lilac and Rose were talking to each other, when suddenly, Rose said: "Huh. That's strange." Rose earned a confused look from the Sylveon sitting across her. "What?"

"Spade, Sundance, Crystal, and Grey were supposed to meet us here." Rose said, tilting her head as she looked around, not seeing any Pokémon of the sort.

"Oh. Why didn't you tell me?" Lilac asked. "It was supposed to be a surprise, but I don't think they're coming." Rose said. "Oh. Thanks for setting that up, and I'm sorry they didn't come," Lilac said, still a bit confused.

━☽【❖】☾━

Overhead, I could've sworn I saw the group of four chatting together. Maybe they forgot? After all, they couldn't just ditch us. I asked Sundance to make a group chat with the five of us. She did so, and I wanted to surprise Lilac with them meeting us. But there they are. Spade seemed threatened by something.

"Hey, stay here," I said to Lilac. "Okay?" She said as she soon got our order. While she wasn't looking and was focused on the waitress, I slipped away from the café and headed to a bench under a tree. It was early morning, and the sun was about to begin rising. Of course, I felt bad for bringing Lilac out here in the early hours for nothing.

"Hey Sundance," I said to the 'mon. "Hey! I'm so sorry, on the way to the café, Spade just... shifted. I'm not sure what happened, but we stopped. Then he told us something."

"Oh? What did he tell you?" Asked the Espeon. "Well, he said he saw his horrible ex nearby. I don't think you know her."

"Well, I have a lot of cousins." Rose explained. "It's okay if I don't know her, but just in case, who is this mystery 'mon?" She asked. "A Glaceon. Named Lily."

"Ugh." Rose said under her breath at the thought of her bratty cousin. "Huh?" Sundance said. "Oh! Nothing. It's just that she's my cousin." said Rose as she realized that Lily was right there talking with Spade.

"Hm. You know her? Why don't we all go out tonight? Play a little truth or dare, eh?" Said Grey from behind her, who was listening the whole time.

"Oh. That sounds good, I guess. It's just that Lily is a bit of a brat sometimes." Rose whispered. "We won't let that happen," said Crystal beside Grey. Grey blushed as Crystal brushed past him to return to talking with Spade and Lily.

"I don't like you anymore." Spade said to Lily. "I never liked you, actually. You were always so rude to me when we were barely friends."

"Hey! You two stop arguing!" Crystal said. "Later tonight, Lily, us, Rose, and maybe her boyfriend, and possibly Lilac and her boyfriend, will meet tonight at the pier."

"Ah. I know Lilac." Lily said with a smirk. "And her boyfriend, too." She added slyly. "So you don't need to get caught up, then. Good."

━☽【❖】☾━

Later that night, they all met up. Lilac and Moon went, Rose did, too; Spade, Crystal, Grey, and Sundance. Lily came, too.

"Hey, guys!" Sundance said whe she arrived. "Hey!" Said Lilac and Rose as they all smiled at each other. "What should we do first?" Rose asked.

"How about Seven Minutes In Heaven?" Spade suggested. His camo-green antennae swirled around him like Lilac's ribbons. Lilac noticed this.

"Sure," she said, her gaze still focused on the Drageon. "Whatchu looking at?" Spade snapped. "Nothing. Just.. zoned out." Lilac said, taken aback by his sudden and rude snap.

"Alright, then." Sundance said, sitting by the ocean. Lilac didn't pay attention to the game. She just looked at the falling and receding foamy waves. She dipped a ribbon into the wave as it approached her and retracted back into the ocean, leaving its white bubbly foam on the wet and on her ribbon. "Hey, Lilac?" Moon said. "You okay?"

She turned to the Umbreon, the moon glinting in his red eyes. "I'm... I'm not sure." Lilac said. "All of a sudden... I don't know. Can we talk about it somewhere else?" She started. She felt woozy. Moon picked her up and took her further down the beach so they could talk.

"What's wrong?" Moon said again. "I don't feel good... all of a sudden, I feel super lightheaded. I think it was thqt Drageon..." Moon said, "Hey, it's ok. I'll take you home, don't worry."

━☽【❖】☾━

"Whatchu looking at?" Said Spade all of a sudden after Lilac had agreed to playing a game suggested by him. I looked at Lilac across from me as she said she had zoned out. "Alright, then." I said uneasily, as I noticed how Lilac suddenly seemed very off.

"Does anyone have a hat or something?" I said. "Hold up, I have one," Crystal said. She came back from her cat with a baseball cap. "Here, Sundance," she said, giving it to me. I took a paper from the small notepad I carry around and wrote all of our names and out the pieces in the cap, making sure to mix them up.

I drew two names. Lily and Spade's names were drawn. "Where do we go?" Spade said, rolling his eyes. "In one of our cars, I guess, or maybe on the pier. I don't know, find somewhere," I said.

I watched Moon and Lilac as he took her away somewhere. Apparently, her head was hurting. I felt bad for the Sylveon, but at the same time, I knew what had happened.

━☽【❖】☾━

Another part down. I need ideas for the next part, seriously. Somebody gimme some