Act2: Chapter 12

Alastor woke up to the sight of Ava's still sleeping form. It has been a week and she has yet to wake up. He was growing concerned.

"Ava, time to wake up." He gently nudged her shoulder but there was no response. The same as every other day.

Sighing, Alastor got up and got ready for the day. He gave Orion a stern look. "Stay here with Ava. I'm going out today and I need you to keep an eye on her, got it?" He waited a moment but he didn't get a response, not like he expected to. But he knows that something is up with the stuffed deer. He shook his head as he made his way to the kitchen.

He hasn't left this house since he was brought here. For one he didn't want Ava to wake up alone in a new place and two he was trying to get used to his new... advancements.

He filled his coffee pot with water and scooped the grounds into the filter. As he waited for his coffee to brew, he searched the cabinet for a mug only to have something tap him on the shoulder before thrusting a cream-colored mug into his face.

Alastor looked at the mug in annoyance before turning his gaze to the culprit. There stood a shadowy visage of himself smiling proudly as if it was waiting for him to praise it.

"Well done, my friend. I see you're getting the hang of things. But you're going to have to work on being subtle. Now let's work on fixing something to eat, shall we? It's never good to venture out on an empty stomach."

The shadow nodded and disappeared towards the fridge. This is one of the few new things that he has tried to get used to since arriving in hell a week ago.

This shadow that was following him was his very own shadow. When he awoke the next day after his conversation with Lilith he found the shadow sleeping in the corner of Ava's bedroom. The shadow was his very own entity. Something that he somehow created himself.

As soon as he realized what this new shadow was, he began teaching the shadow the basics. How to move, communicate, and follow directions. After a while, Alastor was able to send the shadow away from him and have it come back.

Alastor watched as the shadow pulled out a carton of eggs, milk, and butter and set them on the counter.

"Hmmm, good job. I'll take it from here. Why don't you make yourself useful and keep watch on Ava while I cook breakfast." The shadow gave an eager smile before zipping down the hallway.

Alastor chuckled. 'At least it knows how to follow directions.' In all honesty, the shadow was a bit clingy when it came to Ava. Much like himself it never wanted to leave her side. He had a feeling that it was the one who was moving Orion around.

After finishing his coffee, Alastor set to work on breakfast. Scrambled eggs, toast, and sausage, a simple breakfast. He would have to go shopping for groceries after establishing himself in Hell.

Just as he was setting the table a knock on the door broke his concentration.

"Who in the hell could that be? I thought no one knew we were here?" Alastor wondered aloud as he made his way to the front door. Readying himself for whoever was behind the door.

"Hello, Alastor! Good morning!" a voice greeted cheerfully as soon as Alastor opened the door. Standing in the doorway was Lilith herself.

"Good Morning, Lilith. What brings you here today?" Alastor asked, trying not to sound too surprised at seeing the demoness at the front door as he quickly plastered on a smile. Normally she would have already let herself in making herself comfortable by the time Alastor found her.

"Oh, you know, I just wanted to see how things are going. May I come in."

"Of course. Where are my manners." Alastor moved out of the way to let the demoness in. It's not like he had a choice in the matter.