Fourth of July : Chapter Nine (9)

To say that her morning was monotonous is an understatement. No. They all woke up in the same routine with all the other orphans.

Wake up, shower, eat, clean, play. So now here they are sitting at the circular table with all the other girls. Julia had taken quite a time into memorising the girls' names at that time. It wasn't hard or anything, but she found that it was better to make friends if she's gonna be here for some time.

It was easy to differentiate them all. The brunette with glasses, Pauline. Keisha's the one with the Bob cut, Maddie with her high pitched voice and wavy her and Kate the sassy one. And Athena, she swears a lot and it sends Keisha into madness.

As she sat there with them, she realized that their table didn't have as much people as the other tables.

"The multiverse theory suggests that there is not just one universe, but many parallel universes. Each universe may contain changes, small and large, that shift the trajectory of a subject's life," Kate explains.

"That doesn't mean it's real, ugh!" Pauline comments which earned Kate a glare.

"And that's why it's called a theory, because you don't know if it's real or not."

The ravenette pulls out a chair under the table, sitting across Keisha. It seems like Maddie is the only one missing. The girls look at her.

"Oh uh, hey. Where's Maddie?" Julia asks.

"Oh, she is assigned babysitter for today." Athena replied with her mouth full of bread. Nevertheless, they all understood her.

"How's it been for you?" Keisha said with concern.

"I don't know what will happen to me now." She answered honestly.

"You can do it mate, we've all been there," the brunette assures her.

All of them heard a clatter coming from the other table, the ones with a huge crowd. Kate rolls her eyes, as Pauline groaned.

"Ugh, she always does this." She fixed her glasses on the bridge of her nose, looking in disgust while Julia was concentrated.

A girl stood with spilled porridge over her uniform before she left crying. Everybody was looking at her with pity.

Julia's eyebrows furrowed,

"Wait, what happened?" She says eyeing the scene before her.

"Oh that? She likes to make a fuckin scene." Athena says, only leaning more curiousity to the girl. Keisha came into rescue.

"Stop, language!" Athena could only stick out her tongue and Keisha looked like she's about to rip her off into two.

Julia darted her eyes into Pauline who had gone silent, and she turned to her fully.

"What's wrong??" She asks.

"She has beef with that girl over there," the smart looking one points into a girl with pale complexion and long red hair.

Seeing Julia's confusion, she continues. "She's Jilyiane's relative that's been adopted but she lives in here. Maybe finally doing it out of the lord's work?" a mocking tone was heard from her voice.

"We had a tough impressions on eachother." Pauline says, but not as a sentence... it sounded like a question to herself.

"Lulu tries to act nice but really, she's nothing but a bitch who tries to humiliate her. We have a theory that she aids with the faculty in sacrifice. She has to know something." Keisha sends Athena a scowl from the cursing but did not say a word.

"Well... why not just report it to the police then? See if it works." Julia pointed out while the girls shrugged.

"No. Whatever they are doing... it's supernatural." Many questions fill her brain and in that moment, everything seem to connect.