CH 9. Dance With You Tonight

" Silly Boy, don't talk to me. I don't have the energy. Please don't ask to dance with me tonight "

Y/N's POV:

I was sat inCynthias bedroom all cuddled up to her. We we're watching 'The Big Bad Wolf' music video, her idea. "Okay i regret asking you to watch this with me what the fuck" Cynthia says eyes wide in shock and disgust.

"Cyn why the fuck did you make me watch this" I say while trying not to cackle at this music video. "Sunoo told me too. little shithead." she says before bursting out laughing as the music video plays the last few seconds.

I suddenly get a text from Jay. Clicking on the notification and entering the chat I smile.

Jayy 🫶
4:00

Hey Y/N
do you and Cyn wanna hang at mine
with Niki and I?

Hold on lemme ask Cyn rq

"Hey Cyn Jay asked if we wanna hangout with him and Niki tonight" I told her as she scrolled on her phone "duh ofcourse" she says looking at me.

Jayy 🫶
4:00

Hey Y/N
do you and Cyn wanna hang at mine
with Niki and I?

Hold on lemme ask Cyn rq

God hurry up you're so annoying
Hellooo?
Stop taking so long

Shocked at the texts that came across my screen I showed Cyn. She looked at me shocked before shrugging her shoulders. I replied.

Jayy 🫶
4:00

Hey Y/N
do you and Cyn wanna hang at mine
with Niki and I?

Hold on lemme ask Cyn rq

God hurry up you're so annoying
Hellooo?
Stop taking so long

Ur so rude but ig we'll come over
Next time when you ask me to come over don't get your panties in a bunch

Suddenly I was mad at him scoffing i threw my phone roughly onto the bed. Looking over at Cynthia who had moved from the bed to grab some clothes."Im gonna go showerrr" she drags out before heading to the bathroom. "Okay bye!" I replied before i pick up my phone again.

As I hear the shower turn on I press play on my playlist 'From The Start' by Laufey playing. I zone out to the music thinking of the first time Jay and I ever met.

Grade 6, School Disco

Y/N's Pov:

I sat in the back of my parents car looking out the window nervously. "Darling don't be nervous, you're gonna have so much fun and you'll see Cyn" My mum says while looking at me through the passenger side mirror.

"I know mum i'm just anxious" i say continuing to look out the window. My dad pulls up outside the school and my mother gets out of the car before opening my door for me. "M'lady" She says with a smile and using her hand to help me out.

There i stand with my mother outside of the school in my flowy white dress and sparkly heeled shoes. I hear someone call my name and my bestfriend Cynthia running towards me shouting "y/n! You look so pretty!" She says a wide smile on her face as her dad walked behind her small running figure. Even in grade 6 Cyn was shorter than me, always has been.

My mother and Cynthia's father take a photo of us next to eachother big grins on our faces before telling us to head inside and have fun.
"I'll pick you up at 8:30 Cynnie" "Same for you Y/N 8:30 now have fun baby!"

As Cyn and I walk into the disco hand in hand we immediately make our way to the snack table. "They got punch!" She said before grabbing a cup and pouring some for herself, "you want any Y/N?" She asks but i decline "No thanks cyn"

We make our way to sit down at a free table and watch as our classmates all dance with eachother. "Hi cynthia!" both cyn and I turn out heads to find Nishimura Niki the class clown and beside him his best friend Jay Park.

"Hi Niki!" Cyn smiles at him, she's had the biggest crush on him for a year now so this was big. "Did you wanna dance?" he asked her. Cyn turned to me a smile on her face, I could see she was about to ask if I would he alright by myself. "Go" I told her nodding in Nikis direction. "I would love to" She says looking at Niki and taking his hand as they both make their way to the dance floor.

"Hi" I hear beside me and see Nikis best friend Jay still next to me. He clears his throat nervously and doesn't make eye contact. "Hello" i say back with a shy smile. He then hold his hand out to me nervously "..Would you like to dance?" He asks. Excited by the fact a guy would even suggest dancing with me I quickly place my hand in his saying "Yes!"

The two of us head to the dance floor as a slow song comes on, I put my hands on his shoulders and his hands slowly and nervously hold my waist. The two of us sway, talking and getting to know eachother.

And thats how we became best friends.

Back To The Present

I'm snapped out of my flashback by the sound of a text message. Its from Jay. The audacity of this man to pretend he was rude to me.

Jayy 🫶
4:00

Hey Y/N
do you and Cyn wanna hang at mine
with Niki and I?

Hold on lemme ask Cyn rq

God hurry up you're so annoying
Hellooo?
Stop taking so long

Ur so rude but ig we'll come over
Next time when you ask me to come over don't get your panties in a bunch

???
what
im so confused

yeah deny deny
idgaf just be happy we're coming over

i am happy?
can't wait to see you
i meant you guys
don't need cyn thinking i forgot her LMAO

K.

Cynthia then walks back into the room with wet hair. "We going to jays?" She asks in her newly changed clothes. "yep." I say firmly. She sighed at me before pulling me out of bed "cmon you can yell at him for being rude when we get there." she says while putting on her shoes and handing me mine. Once we get our shoes on we leave Cyns house and begin walking to Jays house which is only an few blocks away.

A/N
OKIE DOKIE I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS I HAVE MUCH PLANNED IN THE FUTURE HOPEFULLY I KEEP THE ENERGY TO WRITE IT BC YHIS IS SLOWBURN A PROBABLY GONNA BE A LONGISH STORY

(I LOVE YOU WIFE)