°•5: Strange Occurrences•°

Arrow perched himself upon the top of the sofa, hiding behind his wings like a mysterious cape.
"It was a normal, sunny day. I was out gardening, yelling at some grubbin for taking my berries. They left in a hurry, and all of a sudden, I got a call from my good pal of mine through our friend Dexter the rotom (who left the house a few hours ago to charge at the towers), telling me something about something strange on Akala Island, and I immediately left-"

Morgana scoffed and cut him off by saying, "Yeah, and you didn't let me know, birdbrain!"

"-And I apologize about that. Next time, I will let you know, my dear. Anyways, when I left, the sunny tropical weather was warm on my wings. It took forever to reach Akala. When I finally did, it didn't seem all that bad. In fact, it just seemed like a normal day. Pokemon were playing on the beach, and HeaHea City was quite busy. I searched for my friend's house, which was all the way up on a small hill near the beginning of a different route."

Arrow's voice grew darker and even wavered a bit as he continued. "But he wasn't there. Neither was his wife or his kids. I still have no idea where they went! A-anyways, I tried to see if there was a note left behind. Nope, nothing. So I just went around town, warning pokemon about an ominous feeling. But why would they listen to some rando' awkward owl who just showed up at their island out of the blue, saying stuff about darkness? I wouldn't, either. There was no use without evidence, without my friend.

"They wouldn't listen. None of them. I tried telling them he was missing, but they said he always went on trips. The next day, feeling a bit hopeless, I flew to the other part of the island. I couldn't let the darkness win...

"But I was too late. The Lush Jungle was on fire. I had no idea why, but I flew down, and found out the- the--"

His voice choked. "--The Advisor had returned. I couldn't put out the fire... though I gathered all the 'mons I could. I got them all to HeaHea City, got them rested up, and went back to see if any other pokemon needed help. Turns out, they did."

Arrow brought his gaze to Melodi, who was shaking in her fur. "Wh-wh-why did you bring me all the way to a different island, but the others to HeaHea City?"
She said. Her eyes were as wide as two full moons. "Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful, but why me?!"

Arrow seemed taken aback. All of a sudden, he lost his balance and tumbled on the floor. He got to his feet and peeked out of his hood. "You must understand. You were alone, covered in blood and scrapes. All the other pokemon were with their. . ." He trailed off, looking devastated.

"Family," Melodi grimly finished. She looked up, eyes once again glassy. But she did not cry. "I understand. I appreciate your help." She glanced at the wound on her leg. You blasted, evil bird. When I meet you again, you will regret ever messing with my family.

Melodi flinched back, surprised by her own hatred. This time, her eyes were watering. How could she think something so awful? Sure, the Advisor was terrible, but there was no need for revenge! I'm not that kind of pokemon. No matter what, mercy first!

"M-Melodi, are you okay?" Boomer asked. In a sudden, wild rage, Melodi whipped around.

"No! I'm not okay! My family was killed by an evil bird and a blazing fire, and I woke up somewhere new, and I keep getting pestered by fury, and I don't feel like myself! So how could I be okay?!" Melodi panted heavily, her ears pinned back. Guilt immediately crept at her paws. She looked away. Her heart raced and her head spun. Everyone was silent, even Boomer.

"I'm sorry," she rasped. "I didn't mean to snap. I never do that, I don't know what's wrong with me-" She was immediately embraced by warm arms. Melodi looked up. It was Morgana.