One piece down

For a moment, he seemed to grasp that his obsession only brought pain and suffering

For a moment, he seemed to grasp that his obsession only brought pain and suffering. But instead of calming down, his anger flared up again.

"Is that it?" Kisaki screamed, his voice trembling with suppressed rage. "You think you can just reject me like that?"

His face contorted with fury, and he stepped closer to the door, his fists clenched. "I won't let you go, Hinata. You belong to me!"

His shouts and the pounding on the door echoed through the house, but she remained undeterred. "Go now!" she said through the closed door, her voice firm and resolute.

Hinata waited for a few minutes, the pounding and the screams gradually growing quieter until silence finally descended. She peered through the peephole and saw that Kisaki was indeed gone.

A small sense of relief washed over her, but she showed no reaction. With calm movements, she went to the bathroom. She washed her face, changed for the night, and replayed the events of the evening in her mind. No tears, no emotion bothered her anymore, as if this day was nothing special, yet she knew it was a step in the right direction with the final decisions she had made.

As she finally lays down in the bed, she listened to the silence of the house, but there was no sound from outside anymore.

She closed her eyes, her breathing calm and steady. With a clear mind and a determination that would carry her through sleep, she let herself be enveloped by the darkness of the night. Her thoughts were already on the upcoming challenges, but she knew she would face them with the same insight and calmness she had shown today.

And so Hinata fell asleep, her inner strength and calmness forming a protective barrier around her, ready for whatever the next day might bring.

The next day began like any other, but everything felt different for her. She was free from the first problem that would always lead her to death.

As the morning dawned, Hinata felt refreshed and determined. She prepared for the day, got dressed, and left the house. Her steps were firm and confident, and a hint of a smile played on her lips.

In school, her friends immediately noticed the change in her. Yuki approached her, her long hair following her movements with eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Hinata, you look so different today. What happened?" she asked happily.

Hinata smiled slightly and shrugged. "Sometimes you just have to clean up the dirt in the dusty room to move forward," she said calmly. "But I'm fine."

Kenji, who had overheard the conversation, also approached. "We were worried. Are you sure everything is okay?"

"Yes, it is," Hinata replied firmly. "Thank you for being there for me."

The hours passed, and Hinata felt the hours dragging shorter than usual. The darkness and unease became more noticeable. Just like with this feeling, she continued.