I. Sayaka Maizono

Dear Sayaka,

I'm sorry things turned out this way, sometimes I wonder if maybe I had just tried to comfort you a little more, things would have been different. Maybe I could have convinced you not to do it.

I'm sorry I wasn't there when he turned the fight on you. I wish I had seen him in the hallway or something, maybe I could have saved you. I wish I was able to do more.

I never thought you'd have the guts to try and kill someone honestly, when you asked to switch rooms you seemed so scared that the thought didn't even cross my mind. Once the truth was revealed I wanted to just deny it and deny it until I was blue, but I knew it would get me nowhere.

Why did you try to frame me? I mean I know why. You wanted out. I watched your motive video, it was horrible. I can't even imagine how scared you actually were. I just wish you told me instead of trying to do that. We will make it out. I wish you could come with us.

Just so you know, I forgive you. I forgive you for everything. I know what you tried to do, and I know the others think I'm an absolute idiot for not holding it against you, but the truth is I can't. Just because you did it doesn't erase the way they forced us to.

I'm not even mad at you for trying to frame me. It hurt at first, but I understand. I'm glad I was able to clear it up, now I'm going to make sure we all get out, so this doesn't happen again.

Things have been kind of tense since everything happened. I miss you so much, you helped me feel so much better about everything, I wish I had done the same for you.

Thank you for being my friend Sayaka. Even if we didn't actually know each other for that long it feels like it's been years. I appreciate every second we spent together. I hope you're in a good place now.

Again, I'm sorry I couldn't do more, but I promise I'm going to save everyone else. I owe it to you and the others we lost.

- Makoto Naegi <3