M!Reader Angst ~Before it's too late~ (Aizawa)

Warning: death and that's the only warning you're getting :)

(Requested by LordShadowSpectre go read his works, they are amazing :) )

This is a male reader insert in-case you dimwits didn't notice ♡ lol love yous.

♡♡♡

Y/n's pov

I don't understand, why is he looking at me like that? Like he's about to lose me.

My energy felt drained, but with the remaining strength I had, I reached up to cup his cheek followed by a soft smile.
"It'll be okay." I said, my voice sounding more meeker than it usually did. I was laying in his arms when he shed a tear, something so unfamiliar to me.
What was a drop became a stream as he clung to me like a mother to her newborn.
"Yeah," his voice shaking as he carried on. "It'll be okay. I promise."

His voice was barely a whisper before it finally faded, slowly drifting like the waves coming and going on a dull beach. He forced out a smile, the one I had grown to love, the last of the sun before the dark came gushing in.

♡♡♡ earlier that day ♡♡♡

Aizawa's pov

It was a normal week as any other. Teach the students, deal with the occasional villain and return home to my best friend, who felt like more than a friend than I cared to admit.
Admitting it to myself was one thing - Confessing was another and that was never going to happen.

How we met was probably the most normal thing anyone could experience.

Coffee.

Of course I'm not a robot, I function as any other human would... minus the 20 or so cups of coffee I have laying around all over the place. But no one needed to know that. That was my business... until it wasn't.

As I said - I was on a normal coffee break and went to a local coffee shop to get my daily dose, until someone knocked me over and I ended up spilling my drink.
He was smaller than me by far, probably a head shorter than me, small and petite for a guy and... kinda cute.

He was so apologetic, I'd never met a guy that managed to fit the word 'sorry' ten times in one sentence.
All I did was arch a brow as he rambled on. His voice was quite amusing to listen to so I didn't mind.

I also didn't hesitate when he offered to buy me another drink, as I took it in hand, his fingers brushed against mine. It tingled for a moment before it disappeared as I took a sip of the drink.

Now I don't know how, but that was probably the best cup of coffee I've had in a long time.
Maybe someone poisoned it or maybe he added some pixie dust when I wasn't looking to make me forget about this incident. But since then, no coffee has tasted better than from when I've had it from... him.

After that day we often ran into each other at the same shop and not long later, we grew close to one another.
Before I knew it, he was my best friend and my roommate.
The one person I looked forward to seeing at the end of a long day.

His sweet smile and messy hair, his height that made it just perfect for cuddles from the back so I could slump down on his shoulder while he prepared dinner. Small things like this that I love- . . .

He was my best friend.
Simple as that, it's not like he felt the same as I did or even held a smidgen of feelings towards me. But anyway, it didn't matter.
Our friendship was more important than unnecessary and complicated feelings.

♡♡♡

It was early morning, dull and boring with the only thing brewing being coffee. Bitter sweet like how life always was.