📺🍎/💛Realization Of A Jester

It didn't start out like this

God he had wished it'd stayed like that.

It was only a couple of months ago when he'd found a job application poster from the Princess herself all things. He'd really needed a job at that point as he was fired the weeks prior because he was tampering with the film equipment. Like he was trying to make them better, not burn the entire studio down.

He was kind of considering it before he thought of a devious idea.

From his knowledge, the Princess was an idiot who was only in power due to nepotism. If he could get rid of her in some way and her stupid little advisor, he could be the King. All that power, attention, and adoration on him and the world would finally know his name: Ness Puzzlevison!..

Okay, maybe he'd have to change his name while doing so because Ness wasn't the most amazing name ever...

So he applied, waiting ever so patiently for the interview.

And then the interview came, and oh boy was it something. How was he supposed to know he was applying for the Jester role? It never stated on the poster that!

Other than that little roadblock, he tried his best to be entertaining and that failed miserably. The Princess was by that point close to sleeping in her chair because of how boring he was. Even the advisor was starting to look a bit bored of this (surprising for him as he always kept a straight posture and face).

He was about to hand in the towel and give up but just before that he slipped, and dramatically fell on his face, butt in the air.

Then the Princess burst out laughing.

It was as if that was the most funniest thing she had ever seen.

He had instantly secured the job just because of his clumsiness. He thanked the heavens above for taking Theatre Club for 6 years and Peach's schadenfreudistic nature

His name was changed to Puzzles due to Peach which wasn't too bad and weeks went by with no trouble.

But he was fed up with this already. It was taking forever to get Peach out of the picture and he'd had enough.

A trap was set up, hoping Peach wouldn't notice and fall into the basement floor where he would lock her inside.

He had miscalculated his plan though and tripped on a banana peel, falling straight into the basement like a looney toons character.

Great, he would have to set it up all over again.

But before he could realise his surroundings, a figure came out of the light and offered him a hand, a warm smile plastered on his face.

It was...

Mario?

Was that his name?