📺🍎/🧡 Even Heroes Need Help

He staggered onto the scene with Peach being bridle-carried in his weak arms.

It had been a difficult fight with King Boo which left Mario with a lot of physical injuries. He had made sure the Princess wouldn't get hurt though, with her only having a couple of cuts and

 bruises.

"Thank you so much Mario for saving me!" The Princess said, platonically hugging Mario.

"I-Its no problem p-princess, it's my job after all" He struggled to stay, all his leftover strength being placed on keeping Peach up.

"Are you okay though? You look pretty hurt!" She questioned, worried for her poor hero's health.

"I-I'm fine Peach.." He replied, sounding extremely strained.

"Peach! There you are!" A tall man came rushing onto the scene, an even taller man and a small woman following behind.

"Did King Boo hurt you?" He asked, his facial expression reeking of concern.

"He didn't even lay a scratch on me" Peach replied confidently, finally getting out of Mario's weak and tired arms.

"Oh phew, I thought the universe might have been in danger there." Pear sighed, hiding the fact he was secretly relieved Peach was okay.

As the conversation went on, Mario tried his best to stay up front and hide his injuries. After all, when this was done he could just go home and treat them himself (or just ignore them until they eventually healed like he usually did).

The pain was extremely unbearable to deal with though with everything aching and stinging. To combat this, he bit his lip, trying to ignore them. Unfortunately, he bit too hard so now he could faintly taste blood in his mouth. Great. He'd have to solve that later.

His vision then started to get blurry, most likely due to the fact he had lost a lot of energy during that battle and that he had lost a lot of blood too with his injuries and all that.

Involuntarily, he started swaying side to side before the last thing he saw was Ochi who was about to open her mouth, mostly likely to ask a question, her face reading of worry and concern.

Then everything faded to black.

The first thing he saw when he woke up was a pale yellow light and a baby blue ceiling.

The first thing he felt was a pounding in his head.

Where was he?

He tried to get up to get a better picture of his surroundings but a sharp pain shot up his back like an electric shock. Feeling defeated, he just tried to scan with his eyes while lying down back down.

The room was carefully hand-painted with white soft clouds on a pale blue background, reminding him of a children's book his mother read to him when he was younger.