Chapter Two| Time Trouble

May 10th- 2024- ClockTower 1:20PM

"Please, I can help you if you just help us." Doc insisted.

Miles just sat there, staring at Doc Brown with a scowl on his face.

"I don't want or need your help. I just want out of here." Miles demanded.

"You have been running rampant across time and space! It is our duty as the Order of the Flux to keep this multiverse and the people within it, SAFE and that included you Mr. Johnson." Doc stated.

"Please tell me son..What's your connection to this book..?" Doc stated.

Miles slumped over and looked at Doc side eyed. He glared back and forth at everyone else in the room as well, lastly staring at Sophie Brown who stood next to the chair he sat in.

"Spit it out butthead." Tiff demanded.

Miles scowled at her and let out a big sigh.

"I bought it.." Miles stated.

"From where? From when?" Doc questioned, bug eyed and leaning over the table.

"From an estate sale...in 1962..." Miles stated.

"Great Scott!" Doc stated, wide-eyed.

"What Doc? What is it?" Marty questioned, fingers running through Doc's hair.

"That's the year my mansion burnt down!" Doc stated.

"Was it MY Estate Sale!?" Doc questioned and was met with a nod from Miles.

"How is it that the diary fell into the hands of my alternate counterpart so early on!?" Doc questioned to himself.

Miles met his question with a shrug. Doc pondered upon his own question for a lengthy amount of time.

"Perhaps, there's another copy that we don't know about..?" Maddy questioned.

"No, no... I don't think that's it." Doc stated, brushing that statement away.

"Why are you guys so confused by this?" Miles questioned.

"What do you mean, why?" Scott questioned.

"I mean, it is just a work of science fiction...right? Tales from Time By Sophie Brown is just a published book where I come from." Miles shrugged.

They all looked at one another confused and wide eyed.

"It what!?" Sophie questioned.

"Uh...yeah, see? Hand me the book." He stated, outstretching his hand for the book which Doc pulled away.

"Come on man." Miles stated.

Doc looked at him and Miles eyes squinted.

"Wait a minute.." he began, looking around and actually paying attention to the faces before him.

"I bought that book...from you." He stated, pointing at Doc.

"Well we established that." Doc stated, rolling his eyes.

"Tell me...why is it you were in 2062?" Doc questioned.

"Well, The future car I stole...I tried to work its fancy clock and it malfunctioned and sent me spiraling into 2062 while I was trying to go back to 1962 to rewrite my mistakes and return the book in hopes that-" Miles began before cutting himself off.

"That what?"  Doc questioned.

"Doc Brown...Sophie Brown..." Miles' eyes widened.

"Flip over the back of the book." Miles asked.