Chaoter Nine| Origins

June 19th, 1931

Scott sat at an outdoor table, taking a sip of coffee in his mug while looking casually at the newspaper in his hands. Scott still wore the fake mustache and wore similar attire to what he had on the night before, minus the top hat which sat on the table beside him. The restaurant window behind him read "Lou's Cafe". He sat facing the town square, starting outwards at the street. A young man with a plucky personality walked up to Scott.

"Hey there Mr. Clooney, sir, can I get you anything else?" The young man asked.

Scott looked at his name tag.

"Lou" the name tag read.

"No thanks Lou." Scott smiled.

"Say, this is a nice joint you've got here. How long have you guys been here?" Scott asked.

"Oh just about the last two months. You not from around here?" Lou questioned.

"Nah, just passing through. Thank you sir." Scott nodded.

"My pleasure." Lou said, walking away.

Scott chuckled at the fact he'd just met a young Lou Carruthers and took a sip of his coffee. He stared at the street again.

"Brown Wins First Place" an article in the newspaper read.

"Emmett L Brown, the son of Judge Erhardt Brown, won yesterday's science fair with his remarkable teleportation machine! The second place prize was given to, ironically, another two individuals named Brown, in Jules and Verne Brown, two brothers who have been residents of California for their whole lives for their remarkable steam powered flying car. Despite having a few issues, the judges felt it was too remarkable to not give a prize to." The article read.

"Written by Edna Strickland"

Scott smiled at the sight of the article, taking another sip of coffee.

"Oh, Mr. Clooney!" Scott heard from behind him.

His brow furrowed, confused at who would be calling his name. He turned and looked to see the spitting image of himself. Arty McFly. Scott nearly spat his coffee. He quickly joked it down before flashing a smile and waving awkwardly at Arty.

"Shit." Scott muttered.

Arty turned and sat on a stool at the bar in the diner which left Scott with a deep exhale of air, releasing a good amount of anxiety.

"How in the hell did I miss him coming in?" He questioned to himself before looking back to the street.

As soon as he turned his head he watched as Kid Tannen passed him on the sidewalk, flanked by a group of his goons. Kid froze, staring at the window and clenching his fist. He spotted Arty McFly inside, looking competent past Scott.

"McFly." Kid muttered.

Kid walked into Lou's Diner flanked by his goons. Matches, Cue Ball, and Zane Williams, who for some reason didn't have a stupid nickname. Scott stood up from his chair, turning and staring in through the window as he watched Kid Tannen yell at Arty McFly.

"McFly! I told ya I never wanted to see you in here again!" Kid shouted before the door to the cafe shut behind him.

Arty came off as a pushover much like George, but Scott couldn't hear anything. Next thing he knew, Kid grabbed Arty by the shirt. He pulled him towards the front door, Cue Ball opening it for him as Kid threw Arty down the steps.

"McFlyyyy!!!" Kid screeched, marching down the steps.

Arty slowly began to stagger to his feet. Scott clenched his fist.