Chapter Seven| Hope

May 10, 2024- Doc's Garage

Doc and Miles frantically entered the garage with the regular time traveling DeLorean sitting within.

"Okay Miles, how much do you know about time travel?" Doc questioned.

"Uh, very little sir. Shouldn't we, shouldn't we be at the hospital checking on Maddy?" Miles responded.

"Trust me kiddo, you want no part of that ugly situation. Marty has it handled." Doc insisted.

"Get on the computer." Doc demanded, grabbing a wire and stretching it towards the DeLorean Time Machine, where he screwed off a capsule on the back of the car and plugged in the chord.

"What am I looking for here Doc?" Miles questioned.

"I need you to run a simple time fluctuation diagnostic. Should be under a file titled "TFD". Doc responded.

"Got it." Miles responded, clicking the mouse.

Doc lifted the driver side gull door of The DeLorean and ducked inside, beginning to mess with the Flux Capacitor, his body both halfway in and halfway out of the car.

"Doc what are you doing?" Miles questioned.

"Calibrating the flux capacitor just perfectly so that the electromagnetic pulses properly move through it, capturing the flux energy and allowing the computer to detect it and build a graph of the time stream based on the collected data!" Doc began.

"I had an epiphany on the way over. We may currently be incapable of rescuing them through time and space by traveling there due to our current situation. However, if I can manage to get this back up and running, powering the systems at 1.21 gigiwatts, then maybe, and this is a big maybe, we can not only spot them on the timeline, but also spot our so- called "Time Killer" and the multiversal DeLorean, activate the Flux Accelerator remotely, get it online which will help any efforts that the others may make to get back here to 2024!" Doc shouted, finally sliding his body out of the car.

"So we must keep an eye out for any time anomalies on that graph!" Doc shouted.

A timeline graph began to form across the computer, beginning as a straight line, beginning to rise and fall  as it built the graph based on the recorded travels provided by the Time Circuits.

"Woah." Miles responded, completely bewildered.

"Don't worry son, we'll get you home before you know it." Doc smiled, patting Miles on the shoulder.

One spike shot up.

June 18th, 1931.

"Beep! Beep! Beep!"  The computer squealed.

"Scott. Detected."  The automated computer voice read.

Another spike shot up.

August 25th, 1962.

"Beep! Beep! Beep!"  The computer squealed again.

"Sophie. Detected."  The computer read off again.

"Brady Hutson. Offline. Tiff Tannen. Offline." The computer read.

"Damn." Doc stated.

"That means they are not on our linear timeline, but another. Which will make their trip home much harder I'm afraid." Doc stated.

The graph finally flatlined. No other fluctuations had occurred as of yet.

"What now?" Miles questioned.