Ch 1: Heartbreak

Delhi, one of the beautiful yet crowded place of India

Delhi, one of the beautiful yet crowded place of India. The hustle bustle of the people could easily be seen or heard after all, its evening and peak time for the people to free from their work. Roads were becoming more rushy during this time as people were going to their destinations. Some were going home whereas some had some other plans. Some were making their own way in the traffic to go while zigging their 2 wheelers whereas some were still waiting in their cars for clearing the way.

A girl was also waiting patiently in her car so that like other people, she too could move ahead and reached to her destination.

“Yeah mom, still in traffic and reaching there...” She said to her mother on the phone which was attached to her car Bluetooth.

“I told you to go early there but you didn’t listen...” Her mother said with disbelief.

She rolled her eyes and said, “Mom, you know, I was busy and moreover, I too told you to set up this meeting either at our home or my office but you too didn’t listen...”

Her mother shook her head while huffing and said, “It doesn’t look nice, beta and you know I can’t set up it at home... society people make different perceptions... you remember what happened last time so, how could I set it up at home...”

She released a heavy breath and said, “Of course mom, even I thought after those incidents, you will not set up another meeting for me but you being you...”

“It’s important for you and...” Her mother was saying when she interrupted and spoke, “Ok, mom... traffic is getting clear... I have to move... bye.”

With that, she cut the call without listening any other word from her mother as she knew what her mother would say to her after all, it’s not new for her and now she kinda habitual of all these things. She knew how to handle the situation and how to say no to anyone who would come to her way.

She moved her car ahead and was going to her destination when suddenly, clouds thundered and rain started.

“Crap... I knew this would have happened after seeing today’s cloudy weather... I hate this rain...” She mumbled to herself after seeing the rain outside.

Finally, after debating with so much traffic, she reached to her destination and looked for parking but to her dismay, she couldn’t.

“Shit... why every bad thing is going to happen, today...” She said to herself feeling frustrated.

She looked around and found one space at the other side of the road. She hurriedly turned her car and before anyone could grab that space, she finally parked it there and sighed. She took the umbrella from the backseat and after opening her car door and umbrella, she came out then locked her car.

She looked the either side of the road and when she confirmed, the road was cleared, she made her way to the cafe. She closed the umbrella then went to the counter and told the person her info. That person checked and one waiter led her to the private lounge where someone was waiting for her.