Dates, Drinks, Drunks and Drama

Amanda's POV

When we left the house, we got into Jerrod's car and drove to the restaurant. While we were in the car it was an awarkard silence and I decided to break it.

"So Jerrod where are we going?" "Oh well I was thinking you could choose" 'wow he couldn't even pick the restaurant' I nodded OK.

We were head towards the town where every thing was and I spotted a nice restaurant. "Hey Jerrod let's go to this one" I said pointing to it.

He parked the car a block away and we walked to it. "Hey this place servers Caribbean food" "yea ik, is that a problem?" "No, I just never had it" "OK well be in for a treat"

When I heard those words I was truly surprised and excited, mainly because I'm Caribbean and I was excited. I don't think anybody but J knows I'm Barbadian. Wow note to self 'tell kids originality.'

We walked up to the hostess and asked for a table. "Good night, can we get a table for 2 please?" "Absolutely, do you have a reservation?" She said in her Trini accent "No" "oh that's OK, right this way" "oh OK" I turned and have Jerrod a a smile and we followed her to our table.

We sat down and she gave us our menus and left. Then a very handson waiter brought us some water "when you're ready to order just holla" "OK thanks"

He left and I lookef at the menu it had food from 7 places in the Caribbean.

Barbados
Cou-cou and flying fish
Macaroni pie
BBQ Chicken
Tossed salad
Black cake
Pone

Trinidad & Tobago
Curry Channa
Vegetable Curry
Swirl Cake
Banana Bread

Jamaica
Ackee & Salt Fish
Jerk chicken

Grenada
Oil down
Spice cake

Cuba
Black beans & Rice
Picadillo
Christophene & lettuce
Roast Pork
Bread Pudding

Guyana
Cook-Up Rice
Pepper Pot
Vegetable Roti/ Chicken Roti
Tossed Salad
Cake

USA
Grilled Hamburgers
Baked Sausages

'Why is the USA on here it's not in the Caribbean' I turned to look at Jerrod he look apprehensive about everything.

"Are you ok?" "I'm fine just overwhelmed, can't we to like olive garden or something?" He said hopefully "no we're staying here, do you want me to order for you?" "Please" I chuckled "NP"

I called the handsome waiter back "I'll have the Barbadian dish and he'll have the Guyanese dish" "OK I'll be back with your drink menu" "OK thanks"