~ Party ~

Everything was exactly as Ashlyn and Aiden had planned.

The gymnasium was decorated with lanterns, heart-shaped balloons and confetti, colorful lights were shining and music was playing from the loudspeakers. There were tables with snacks along the walls, with a few people standing around them, but most of them sitting at separate tables made from school desks and on couches. A dozen or so people were already dancing timidly on the dance floor.

"The party is starting in five minutes", Taylor announced, looking at the delicate silver watch on her hand. "Where are Ben and Aiden?"

"They'll be probably late", Ashlyn glanced over her shoulder at Tyler and Logan, who were discussing something animatedly a few feet away. "By the way, where did you get this watch? I haven't seen it before."

"Oh I..." Taylor flushed a little, touching gently the glass. "I got it from Ben today morning."

"Really?" Ashlyn was suprised. "He bought it for you?"

"Yup", Taylor smiled, looking at the floor. "I think..." she stopped.

"What?"

"Erm, nevermind."

Ashlyn raised her eyebrow, glancing at her friend's smile.

"Well, it's kind of weird that I have to ask you about your love life with Ben, considering that you keep trying to do the same thing to me about me and Aiden."

"Does that mean you have love life with him?!"

"Of course no! You just didn't finished the thought."

"That's a pity." Taylor chuckled. "But about me and Ben... don't tell him, but I think he likes me."

Ashlyn felt amusement tickle her insides.

"And I see you like this idea."

"Maybe..." Taylor looked happy, and that made Ashlyn feel a bit less nervous.

A lot had happened between her and Aiden lately, and she wasn't sure what might happen on Valentine's Day.

Not that she wanted anyhing to happen.

She wasn't sure how she felt about him and she didn't even want to think about it. She stubbornly pushed away all the uncertain thoughts and doubts that knocked on her mind.

"Come on, we have to get a table", Taylor said and waved to the boys. "Ty, Logan!"

"What do you think about playing 'Party Walkers'?" Tyler asked, coming over the girls.

"I thought you didn't like that song...?"

"I changed my mind, okay?"

"Haha, okee", she gave him a flick on the nose.

"Ow! Stop, you dumbass!"

They started chasing and trying to pinch each other around.

Ashlyn and Logan exchanged amused glances.

"Ah, the youth of today..." she rolled her eyes.

"Come on, we have to book a table before these two take away our chance of getting a seat."

The Valentine's Day party was just starting and the DJ turned up the music. More and more students entered the hall and the dance floor began to slowly fill up. Ashlyn didn't know why she had decided to go to the party, but like it or not, there was no going back now. She adjusted her earplugs.

She felt a bit uncomfortable in the black, strappy, knee-length dress that Taylor had chosen for her, but she was glad that she hadn't been persuaded to wear heels and put on her favorite Doc Martens boots.