~ The Bus part 2 ~

"Dang!" Ashlyn mumbled as the bus sped up.

"What, Ash?" Aiden asked, stopping solving the Rubik's cube.

"My headphones damn passed away!"

"Oop. I could lend you mine", he replied. "If I only had."

Wonderfully, she thought with a bitter taste in her mouth. Now I'm forced to listen to annoying Logan and Tyler's quarrels.

"You're cheating!" Logan's indignant voice came from behind her.

"You can't be sure about that", Tyler snorted. "Play."

"Two queens."

"Three kings."

"Ace."

"Ace from the sleeve!"

"What? You can't do that!"

"Why not? The game rules say nothing about aces from the sleeve. Play."

"Three."

"Four fours."

"What?! But I have two fours! How could you have four fours if I had two?!"

"Uhh... So... knock if you dare!"

"Knock, knock!"

"Who's that?"

"Tyley, no kidding! See, I knew you cheated. Wait- what? There's no four fours, there's seven other cards!"

"I suck at math, ok?" Tyler mumbled. "Besides this game is called 'cheater'. You must cheat to win!"

"This game is stupid."

"Okay, shut up. Play."

"Three jokers, and I win."

"Shit!" Tyler jumped up from his seat. "You're cheating!"

"No, look. There's three jokers. See?"

"You did this on purpose!"

"Well, it was you who cheated all the time. That's why you were getting more and more cards."

"Shit." Tyler snorted again. "Can I at least do 'money money money'?"

"Don't you dare!" Ashlyn turned to him abruptly and the rest of the friends echoed her. 

"I would have done it myself if I didn't have to look for cards all over the bus later", Aiden added.

"Come on, guys", Tyler's hand was already hovering over the stack of cards, ready to throw them into the air like a millionaire wasting his cash.

"Don't you dare, Tyler", Ashlyn shot him a warning look. "Otherwise I'll feed you to the first Phantom I come across. No, better - I'll impale you on the first tree I see."

"Fuck you" Tyler shot his middle finger at her.

"Tyler, be kind!" Taylor warned him and the finger turned towards her.

"Right, Tyley! Be kind!" Aiden added, laughing.

"Fuck you all!" 

"Tyler, what is it supposed to mean?" Mr. Thomas's voice came from the front part of the bus. "Behave yourself and please sit down." 

Tyler fell into his seat, sulking. 

"Thanks God", Ashlyn sighed, noticing that Aiden unbraided almost an half of her braid. "Hey, stop playing with my hair!" 

"But I like your hair!" 

"And I don't like you like it." she tried to move away his hand. "Now you have to braid them back!" 

"Okee", he smiled wider. "But first I unbraid it." 

Ashlyn groaned. 

"Why are you doing this to me? Let my hair go!" 

"No." 

"Excuse me?!"

"Oh, shut up, Pookie Wookie Cookie Pie." 

Aiden embraced her neck with his arm and pushed her on his lap. She was too surprised to protest. 

"Here you are", Aiden reached for a little pillow and put  it under her head so that she didn't have to rest it on the window frame. Next he started untying her other braid. 

Ashlyn stared at him with an opened mouth, feeling her cheeks turning red. 

"Have I ever told you that you're cute when you're nervous?" Aiden giggled. 

"You told me." she mumbled, folding her arms over her chest and curling her legs up on the seat. "Don't laugh, it's not funny!" 

"It is, my little Oompa Loompa!" he flicked her on the nose and Ashlyn mechanically grabbed his hand. 

She saw him blush, eyes wide. She wanted to look away, but instead she chuckled lightly and raised her hand to his cheek. She gently removed the remnants of eyliner from his face. 

"You looks like a panda, haha. You're pretty in these eyelines." 

"Thanks, Ash" he whispered, leaning towards her a little. 

Close. 

"Umm, okay", she could't stand and looked away. "Make these braids. I'm going to sleep." 

She made herself more comfortable, resting her head against his chest. She heard his heart pounding.

"Your heart bothers me." she said, closing her eyes. "shut it up." 

"Sorry," he muttered. "Not my fault."

"Then drink less energy drinks. Good night, Aid."

She fell silent, and he slowly untied her braids. 

And even before she fell asleep, she felt his fingers in her hair and his hand stroking her back.

________________

POOKIES WOOKIES COOKIES I REALLY AM ✨SORRY✨

I'm sorry again, sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry.... (seven years later) ....sorry and sorry again!!!

I really wanted to update at Wednesday (but unlucky the calendar changed and today is Wednesday did you know it?!!!)

But seriously i needed to prepare for my theatre performance and I didn't manage to finish this chapter, I was even writing it sitting backstage i swear 😢