Chapter 4

Eliana's pov:

Everyone had got their rooms. It was just paired as Austin had said. Couples, friends..

I had an emotionless face sitting next to whom I was paired with...

Lyla..

I mean... what's with my luck. How can it be worse every time. When I asked Austin about this he told me it was because of MY sudden decision. Eventually Lyla was alone in this room who was an undercover celebrity. But since I agreed to this mission, he said that he had no other choice because the reservation of this hotel has been done months before.

It's not like we are staying here. One of the pairs will be attending the party as guests. And it is none other than us. I have the brightest fortune to be paired with the girl who I don't even know. I have heard what kind of bitch she is. But I'm not familiar with her.

On the top of this shit. I am ill. I think the journey in the helicopter, bus has made me sick. I am not used to travelling this far. Avier told both of us to meet in his room. He will give us the instructions there.

Lyla was wearing a black slit dress which was so revealing that it showed her cleavage clearly. In spite of her bitchy attitude, I must admit that she is beautiful. I watched how she did her makeup and the way she was applying her perfume in unwanted places. It's a shame but I don't like perfumes. I've heard that some have alcohol in it. The thought of it makes me wanna gag. But she sprayed it on her ankles. On her knees. On her collar bones, back of her neck??.

I was ready, just wearing a red dress which Lyla gave me since I had no outfit to wear to the party. I did cute makeup, that included my crimson cheeks which match the colour of my dress. I tied my hair into a pony tail and pulled out a few strands of my hair to complete it.

Lyla stood up from the dressing table and looked at me through the mirror.
"Eww.. what's that?" She said looking at me. "Oh you mean your dress, yeah..eww" I said thinking that it would have hit her back. She sighed.
"What else was I expecting from a 19 year old" she said. But this time it hit me. I rolled my eyes at her pretending like it didn't bother me. But it did, I once again regretted coming here.

"Let's head out" she said. She gave me the room key and told me to lock it. And follow her to room no. 502, she left first. I could hear her heels clicking fade away. I got up from the bed and did what I was said to do. Even though I hated listening to others, I did it anyway because I was not in the mood to argue with someone.

_

"Listen carefully, you just have to seduce him and bring him to the room where agent fox and agent black will be hiding.'' Austin gave the instructions to Lyla, and I was looking at him with my starry glow eyes since he had refused me being involved in the mission.

But Austin ignored me and continued to talk to Lyla. It built more anger in me. He didn't even glance at me and the other agents are staring as if I'm the weirdo one. At last Lyla left to do the task and I was left back. She had that dirty smile on her face, it made me feel like I'm a complete loser. Did I go through all that shit just to sit here and get the whole world's awkwardness by watch them doing their work.

I completely regretted being here. But at least I could have done something in my life worth a topic to discuss with my friends. I think I won't be able to, it's all because of him. No.. all because of my damn life. Austin had lied to me about the mission. He had told me that he would let me do something in this mission but it's done now.. I'm done. Why do everybody think that I'm a burden to them.

I could see Avier standing and looking at me from the side, but I was so embarrassed to look that way. After all these thoughts clouded inside my head I felt a sharp pain, my vision started to get blurry As my chest felt heavy. Austin walked towards me, his face seemingly having an explanation ready. The tear drop from my eyes was threatening to fall. I feel completely sick now.

As Austin stood in front of me."Look Eli...." He started off to explain but before that, I showed my hand at him making him stop."Ple-ease..". Words that I wanted to scream at him were stuck in my throat. I close my eyes tight swallowing the pain. "I don't wan-nt to he-ear anythi-thing" I left a shaky breath after completing. I didn't even look at anyone and turned to get away from there..

Austin Pov:

She closed her eyes tightly and a tear escaped from her eyes showing how hurt she was. I opened my mouth to talk but she turned away and started running. "Eli listen--" but it was no use. I can't let her just wandering off anywhere. Moreover she is so stubborn, I couldn't let her go on this mission. That's what Avier and I decided. How can you expect a young girl to be sent to a place where there is no decency. And if anything happens to her, I'll be killed by Alexander. But I think, I was wrong. I could have done it in a better way.

"What will you do now?" Avier asked looking at the way Eli had gone. He then looked at me with raised brows.
"God damnit, she's such a stubborn man" I said pointing in that direction. " I don't know what to do now. The mission is still not over yet and she's already started. I think, I went too far. She was already not well and now I worsened it. You don't worry I'll go get her." I said and was about to go behind her..

Eliana's pov:

I ran.. the sound of my walking on the tiles was all I could hear. I stopped when I felt tired and was lightly panting. I opened my eyes to see.. darkness around me. I turned back to see if anyone was following me.. and no one was. It was a hallway of the hotel. It was like the corridor of a palace. The yellow lights from the streets were the only source for me to see.

I walked over to the side of the hallway, and I slid down to sit crouching, because I was scared. I cornered myself near the white curtains, my elbows on my knees. The chill weather and wind blowing was pleasant but I was feeling cold. I placed my head supporting it with my hand. My hands could feel the heat of my forehead. I was ill now. And nobody is there to take care of me. I've never felt genuine warmth and comfort in my whole life. Thinking about all this made me feel so mad at myself. I hate my life.

But suddenly I heard something. Chills ran down and my heart skipped a beat when I heard light footsteps and the voices of two men clearing their way to my ears. I bent towards the voices and my body started to tense when I saw two flashlight casting on the walls at the end of the hallway. I stood up to run but, the other way, I could hear footsteps from there too. I am trapped now. Oh my god. Why only me!!.

"I can't get caught, I have to escape.. but how?!!" I whispered to myself panicking. My mind is completely shut down now. I could feel my heartbeat raising and heat hovering my body. And the footsteps became clearer and my mind was about to blast when I saw the lights on the ground nearing.

My heart skipped a beat and the time stopped for a minute as someone pulled me. I landed on a built chest and an addicting scent filled inside my nostrils. I was about to scream but my mouth was pressed by a hand making it shut.

"It's me Eliana" a soft.. yet a knee weakening whisper tickled my earlobe. That voice calmed me down. I lifted my head to see Avier's eyes, and my world stopped. I became unaware of what was happening around me. we were an inch away from each other. He was dangerously too close to me. This was the first time I've had a moment with him. He had covered us both inside the white curtains and through the dim lights I could see his sharp features. His gaze started to shake my legs but I controlled it. The things which I was admiring from far is now inches away from me.

He removed his hand from my mouth and I was lost. Lost in his eyes. I wanted that moment to last forever. It was like a complete dream.
"They're gone.." he said. I came back to the real world and sensed, the footsteps were gone now. "Yeah.." was the only thing I could tell. He released me from his grip and I backed off.

The feeling of embarrassment hit me again. After all I ran away like a maniac and I was about to get caught. I controlled all the rush of feelings and turned away from him.
"Wait.." he held my wrist."I need to talk to you." I turned back to face him.
"Are you okay??" He asked. I nodded weakly. My head suddenly felt light and the next second I was ready to be hit by the ground. But my blurry vision saw the last. hazel eyes of his.

"Why are you so fragile, Eliana" was what she heard.

"How will you handle me then." Is what she didn't..

_____________________________________

Have you ever been embarrassed in this age. Feel free to share it. I have been. I think it's because of our fragile heart. But that's what makes us different..

To be continued..♡♡