~ Taqleef ~

AVINAASH'S POV

Upon discovering that my dad had allowed a helicopter to land on our helipad to pick up Kaainaat, I hurried to the roof deck of Sarvartha.

I knew I was late. It was not my fault though! No one had bothered to inform the company's CEO about such important information!

After I reached the top of the building, all I could catch was a sight of Kaainaat seated in the helicopter, midway in the air.

As our orbs latched together, it felt as if a spark lit up in me. I had my piloerector muscles getting active in no time!

As the helicopter moved further away, I lowered my gaze to papa sa.

"Why did you help her papa sa? Why did you allow the helicopter to land?" I asked.

"Why would I not?" Papa sa questioned back.

"She is not a good person papa sa! She - she is a criminal!" I exclaimed with urgency.

He just chuckled to that.

"Do you not trust me papa sa?" I asked disbelievingly.

"Beta, she is one of those, who risk their own life for the sake of others." He stated.

"Matlab?" I blurted out.

"Tumne army ka naam suna hoga, navy ka naam suna hoga, par kabhi IACG ka naam suna hai?" He asked.

Understanding my state of confusion, he further continued. "The INDIAN ARMY CYBER GROUP" He stated with his chest swelling with pride. Pride for her. Pride for Kaainaat Shridhar.

But then why was she involved in the murder?

Why was Kaainaat Shridhar the last person who interacted with Adhrit before he jumped, or to be precise was pushed off this very roof? 

Why did she never deny any of the allegations put on her about his murder?

Why were all these allegations, all the news and articles about Adhrit suddenly deleted overnight?

If she was involved, why is she out of jail?

Her father does not seem like a person to care about her being in jail, so he wouldn't be the reason.

Was it because she was whatever papa sa claimed her to be?

Why did she never confront the neither media nor his parents?

Every time I met this woman, a new mystery was unveiled. 

This woman would be the end of me!

~🧿~

As the helicopter touched Maharashtrian ground, Adhrit stood in front of me, Mr. Ravishankar, and a few bodyguards.

We headed to our base in Bandra.

The base was normal, people who looked more like maniacs obsessed with their pc's was the most normal sight that could greet you at an NCRB base after all.

Mr. Ravishankar ordered me to follow him, as Adhrit accompanied us, Mr. Ravishankar showed him a palm in order to stop him.

This was weird. Adhrit was sir's right hand. Nothing was done before him at least knowing the plan.

"Kaainaat, listen to me very carefully. Do not panic. Keep your mouth shut and just be a listener." Mr. Ravishankar commanded after locking his cabin.

"Yes sir" I affirmed with my body stiffening already.

The negative thoughts coming back to me.

"Mujhe IACG ka call aya tha..." He started.

"They need skilled people for a top-secret cyber mission and I think there is no one more capable and deserving than you. I'm sure they would pay you a decent amount." He completed.

Panicked? My ass was EXCITED AS FUCK!

I'm sure that was visible on the face.

Mr. Ravishankar's stare turned cold and with a dry voice he said "Jyada khush mat ho, baad mei taqleef hogi"

What was he talking about?

Why did it feel like there was something more to it? Something very significant.

"Sir is there anything more to what you have just said?" I asked.

I voiced out my thoughts.

"Wakt tumhe sab kuch bata dega. Sabra rakho." He said with tears in his eyes...?

Mr. Ravishankar was crying?

The man who did not cry for his son's dead body was crying?

What was up?

Something grave for sure.

I need to find out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more update because of all the love I have been getting!

Thank you so much for your support!

This update is specially dedicated to: 

 YOBROCOLOL who has given me a whole new motivation to write!

AND

mansi8bishnoi  who is my first follower and had completed her finals today.

Thank you for reading, hope you like the chapter. If you do, please make sure to vote, comment and share!

U K I Y O, irenicmanus