~ Nadamat ~

AVINAASH'S POV

It had been more than 45 minutes since the doctor had taken Adhirt with him to his cabin for a talk, while I sat there, thinking over and over one single fragment of information that struck the wrong strings of this scenario.

If Kaainaat was in the state she was in when I entered her apartment, how could she edit Aditi's pictures?

How did Anuj manage to get to the fact that Kaainaat was the one who tried to be nasty when tracking her digitally is nearly impossible?

This was not even the first time!

The same thing happened when I asked him about Adhrit's murder.

I need to investigate this. 

Time ticked as my brain started running miles per a minute.

I never intended for things to go that far. When Anuj told me that Kaainaat had leaked my sister's nudes, I was consumed by a blinding rage. I believed I had valid reasons for my actions at that moment. But then, seeing the depth of her pain, both physically and mentally, I was overwhelmed by guilt. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw her suffering, and it was a constant reminder of the harm I had caused.

I felt an intense shame. I had always thought of myself as someone who respected and cared for others. At that moment, I could hardly recognize myself. The man who hurt her wasn't the man I wanted to be, yet I couldn't deny that it was me. This realization shook me to my core.

I was confused, questioning my own motives. Why had I gone to such extremes without confirming if the accusations were true? How could I have let my anger dictate my actions without seeking the truth? This confusion was tearing me apart, making it hard to find any peace.

Seeing her pain filled me with sorrow and anguish. I couldn't stand knowing I was the cause of her tears, her fear, and her mistrust. Each moment of her suffering felt like a knife twisting in my heart.

~🧿~

After what felt like an eternity, Adhrit walked out of the doctor's cabin. He looked as if someone had sucked the life out of him.

"A-adhirt, kya hua?" I asked.

He first glared at me but then his gaze fell while he stumbled. I held him hurriedly. He looked vulnerable.

"I failed yaar...I failed to protect her...I failed to be there for her" His voice barely audible, as tears made their way down his cheek. 

"Avi---" He was interrupted by a nurse who shouted, "KAAINAAT SHRIDHAR IS NOT IN HER HOSPITAL ROOM!" 

WHAT THE FUCK

Where is Kaainaat?

Why is she not in her room?

The same questions lingered in Adhrit's head.

We dashed to the room to check if what the nurse said was right, unfortunately, it was.

Kaainaat was no where to be seen.

We ran to the control room like manics and commanded the guard to show us the CCTV footage.

Kaainaat had sneaked out!

Who sneaks out of a hospital!?

This girl is actually crazy!

After sneaking out of her room, she was waiting for someone outside the hospital.

Not even 5 minutes later, a car pulled up in front of her and they drove off.