03 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘦

There's nothing more calming for me, than looking at happy Newt, who loves his life more than he used to. He has his ups and downs, but now he's happy. He seems happy.

"Hey, you still smoking?" I ask, as I see Newt sitting outside of the bar.
"Yeah, one habit I can't let go of" smile forms on his face.
"Can I have one?" I know he'll say no, but still gotta try my luck.
"No" he chuckles and then repeats in a sterner tone "No way."
"Just once, it's not that bad."
"Mila."
"Okay! I won't smoke!"

"It's not only about that." He throws cigarette in the trash and faces me. "You can't be like me, Mila. I need you to do better than me." Oh well. Too late then.

I don't reply, just nod.
I want to punch myself for making him sad, but I know better than to apologize. I know he'll get mad. He always does.

He thinks I'm being too much of a softie around him after he attempted, but he can't seriously expect me to be as I was with him after being the one who saw his unconscious body lying down below the building.

And trust me on this, it's not easy to live with the thought that if I didn't took that turn from school that day, I would have a dead brother.

"Heyyy how's my boyfriend?" Yeah drunk Thomas would definitely save me from this awkward silence.
"You can't last one day without getting bloody wasted, can you?"
"Oh but listening to your voice and drinking is the best combination" he smiles and hugs him.
"Don't hug me with this nasty clothes Thomas!" He yells, yet doesn't dare to get away from him.
"I won't get away if you'll keep calling me Thomas. Are you mad?"

Newt places his arm over Thomas's shoulder, not answering his last question.
His friends make their way out of the bar too, and they come up to us.

"Yo Newt you were hot!"
"Hey! You can't say that to my boyfriend." Thomas mumbles and puts his head on Newt's shoulder. "Only I can."
Newt's sadness is finally drifting away as he lets out a small laugh.
"No longer mad?"
"I never was. just enjoy teasing ya with your full name" he winks even though Thomas can't see it.
"Don't do that." He continues mumbling and whining as we walk to the car and Newt somehow manages to keep him in the backseat after lots of yelling.

I like late night driving.
Even if Thomas never stops whining and begging newt to call him Tommy, I still love it.
I see an airplane, probably landing at the airport and it's all too beautiful.

I always wonder what it would be like if we lived way back in the past. I think we'd be more amazed by those planes, buildings and cars than we normally are.
We just see them, and we never once think about people who never got to see that.
It's sad. But at least they got to see stars more clearly than we do.

Okay, I drank way too much.

Phone goes off and I flinch almost immediately, but let out a relieved sigh when I notice that it's Newt's phone.

"Hey!" Newt says on the phone.
"We're driving from the bar, why?"
"Oh really? When?" Barely noticable smile forms on his face, which quickly turns into a big smile.
"I did see a plane" he lets out a laugh and I immediately know who he is talking to.
"Alright, see ya tomorrow then yeah?"
"Okay bye." He hungs up.

"It was Minho." My head is starting to spin around, but despite being barely able to breathe I still manage to keep calm."
"Oh." So Thomas wasn't joking. Why would he joke about that?

"He's back Mila, he's finally back!" He shakes my shoulder with one hand and I laugh nervously.
"Of course he is."
"Everything alright?" He asks, with still a big smile on his face.
"Yeah." Being unsure, I repeat again. "Yeah."

Maybe if I keep repeating that to myself, I'll believe it too.

As if keeping everything for myself wasn't already hard, now I'll have to look at Minho's stupid face and not express my extreme hate towards him.

Fuck my life.

I'm not sure what to think about this chapter. I don't think it sucks but I don't think it's good either.

Let me know your opinion, and advices!

Also, biggest thanks to stargazingdyl  Who never fails to make me smile by her cute comments🫶🏻