11

— Y/n...I have to confess something to you. — Chris, who held my hand tightly, looked at me, with her beautiful purple eyes looking into my own. Her face was showing a pinkish blush, which almost reached up to her ears, and, as I tilted my head slightly, I gave her a smile.

— Is there something bothering you, Chris? — I leaned closer to her, staring her in the eyes, which made her blush even deeper, but she didn't move away from me. She was nervous to say whatever she wanted to tell me, but I was patiently waiting, given that she probably had to gather enough courage to speak up.

— I wanted to tell you that... — And, as she was about to tell something, the universe decided to screw me over, that being Luna, who saw me on the street after the trial ended, getting closer to announce something.

— Am I interrupting something? — She meekly asked, given how close I was to Chris, and how red she became when we were spotted. She held a pile of documents in her hands, as if eager to give them to me.

— Kind of. — I instantly replied, but, as I was about to turn back to Chris, she sighed, shaking her head.

— It's nothing. Maybe I'll tell you later. — She stuck out her tongue in a teasing manner, closing her left eye to look at me. We still held hands, so she would not be able to escape, because it has already been a lot of time, and I want to finally hang out with her.

— Fine. Jeez, you little tease. — Chuckling at her response, we approached Luna, who smiled at our interaction, now holding out the documents for me.

— Everything regarding the legal matters was established. You mansion has been finished, and here is your ownership documents. You can get the key when you arrive, you will find it with no problem. — She said, and, lightly bowing, looked at Chris. — You're lucky, Chris-san, to have such a wonderful partner. — Just as she said that, Chris covered her face with her free hand, as if trying to escape from embarrassment.

— W-we're not that close! We're not a couple! — She dismissed, but I grinned, eager to tease her just she did tease me.

— Not a couple "yet", my dear. — Holding her arm higher, I spun her around, and grabbed her other hand, making her face me, holding her back while leaning her lightly to the ground, as if I was dancing salsa with her. — You're not going to back down on your promise, are you? — Luna, who observed the scene, had a slight tint of red on her face from embarrassment, but she held a stoic fade expression, and, as I let Chris stand up again, I took all the documents from Luna, placing them in my shadow to review later. — Thanks Luna, you helped me a lot.

— This is the least I can do after what you did for the city an the guild as a whole. — She smiled back, and bowed again, waving her hand. — I shall leave you to your matters. Have a good evening. — She winked at me, with a hint of a teasing smile, and left us to ourselves. Chris, who was as red as a tomato, looked me in the eyes, and, as I raised her arm, I pulled her closer to me, putting my hand on her back.

— Shall we go? I know a few places we can visit. Or would you like a dungeon raid date? — Asking her the question I wanted to ask for a while, I received a sigh in response, and, as she smiled back at me, she giggled in response.

— I prefer adrenaline rush over walks more than anything, really. — She freed herself from my grasp, and, holding my hand, started running in the direction of a city gate. — I know some dungeons we can check out. Come on, follow me! — Smiling at her childish behavior, I giggled, and picked up my pace, running with her, because today, will be my date with Chris.

***

Chris: Kono!

Y/n: Suba!