Chapter 28 - Rapunzel and Mulan

A huge honor had bestowed upon the Princess of Corona, Rapunzel, as she had been asked to hand the Medal of Honor to the savior of all of Disneyland against intruders to the east. Rapunzel and her husband Flynn had been invited to the Disney Castle to attend the ceremony. It was a long ship journey, but finally Rapunzel could see the castle's tall spikes in the horizon through the porthole in her and Flynn's royal cabin.

Rapunzel pinched her husband's arm.

"Ow!" he exclaimed.

"But look!" Rapunzel said excitedly and pointed. "There it is! The Disney Castle. We're here!"

"Yes, Rapunzel, I can see that," Flynn said a lot more calm than his energetic wife.

"Do you think Mickey is there now? I mean, of course he is, but do you think we might meet him? Shit, what do you say to someone like him? What do you call him? Mr. Mouse? No, that seems lame. Maybe he prefers to just be called by his first name, he's probably that type of guy. Oh! Do you think we might see those exploding lights?" Rapunzel said, talking at a rate where it was difficult to tell where she managed to pause for air.

"You mean those fireworks they do every night?" Flynn said unimpressed.

"Yes! Fireworks! I've always wanted to see those!"

Perhaps it would seem odd how Rapunzel hadn't experienced something as trivial as fireworks or even remember the name, but the fact was that she had never grown up as a common person would or even a common princess would, because a woman kidnapped her when she was a baby and locked her in a tower for most of her life, convincing her that she was her mother, and that the outside world was too dangerous for her. But she was really using her for her magic hair that was once insanely long and had youth giving powers. Ultimately, Flynn saved her and cut most of her hair off, subsequently killing her false mother in the process. Now her hair was a short brunette pixie cut. Rapunzel herself was a small girl with a slender body and fair skin. She had pink lips, rosy cheeks and big beautiful green eyes. She wore a purple dress that consisted of a lavender corset top laced with a pink ribbon. The skirt was decorated with swirling and floral designs in pink, dark purple, and white.

As the ship reached its destination, Rapunzel clutched Flynn's arm, having a hard time holding back her excitement. They were let in through the biggest gates Rapunzel had ever seen, decorated with pure gold patterns, and into a huge and beautiful ballroom crammed with people from all over Disneyland. Rapunzel breathed heavily, felling overwhelmed by the grandness and confusion of it all, but also thrilled beyond words that she got to be a part of it.

She still held tightly onto Flynn's arm.

"What do we do now?" she asked a little panic-struck.

"Mingle, I guess," he said and let her go.

"But there are just so many people, where do you start?" Rapunzel said quietly.

She recognized a few of the guests; most of them were celebrities or royalty. By a big punchbowl stood the sultan of Agrabah, Queen Elinor of DunBroch was talking to an elderly fella with a rather square-shaped head, the world-famous scientist Professor Archimedes Q. Porter was looking immensely fascinated by a painting of a chimp eating a bug, King Stefan stood in a corner and looked uncomfortable and worried about something, and Rapunzel also noticed Prince Charming talking to a very pretty girl in full battle armor a few meters away.

Rapunzel didn't need to seek conversation as it quickly found her, since a lot of people also recognized them. An exceptionally tall man with massive shoulders, chest, and arms, wearing a suit of some kind and a black mask, approached Rapunzel quickly and tried to small-talk.