Chapter 15

POV Louis.

It had been a long night in the hospital. Me and the guys hadn't left that place even for a second. I had spent all my time in her room with Brook while I caressed her hair and that face of hers so sweet and yet now so pale.

I had tried to make her react by telling her some funny story. I even sang for her. But the doctors gave her very powerful medicines. They say that this way she will heal faster and she could sleep for many, many hours.

We had been home a few hours ago. The doctors that Ayshe had called had taken her to her room and are now doing all kinds of examinations on her.

As for Ayshe, well... no one had seen her since the night before. She had disappeared into the night, almost running away like she did as a little girl. No one knew where she was or what she was doing.

I knew that she was angry with me and that she was definitely in pain. Brook is still her sister and no one can blame her. But she should stand by her, right? Yet she was gone.

While I drink some bitter coffee in the kitchen, I hear footsteps coming from the living room. The boys had all gone to their rooms to sleep and Brook sure wasn't there.

I get up towards the sound of footsteps and notice Ayshe closing a door. When she turns around I didn't expect to see all that.

The mascara she was wearing had run under her eyes. Maybe she had been crying or maybe it was the heavy rain that night.
On her cheek and cheekbone there was a huge cut that appeared to be quite red, a sign that it was becoming infected.
Her hands were blue and purple full of bruises and cuts.

What the hell had happened to her? Someone had definitely hit her, there was no other explanation.

Her gaze stops on me when she notices my presence.

"What were you doing? Who made you like this?" I ask cautiously knowing her anger issues.

"Now do I have to give an account to you about what I do?" she blurts out, trying to get past me.

I grab her wrist, stopping her, but she jerks back.

"Yes, if you disappear all night and when I see you again it looks like a car hit you head on" I look at her "especially because now you should be next to your sister"

If until the day before you could begin to see a glimpse of her heart from her eyes, now there was a total void. They were like two bottomless black pits from which you were afraid of falling without ever coming back to the surface.

"How dare you tell me what I should do?" a low growl leaves her throat "my sister is in that bed because of you!" she suddenly blurts out.

"It wasn't my fault, Ayshe... I would never..." she cuts me off by raising her hand.

"I should have gone with her but I thought that if you had gone, it would have been different. Brook is a strong and tough girl. She has an armor that is impossible to destroy and yet somehow you are slowly entering" her steps are getting closer to me.

The more she talked, the more her words hurt me and made me feel guilty. I knew I had responsibility for Brook every time I was with her and I also knew I had failed. Why? Simply because I thought it best to be an idiot and flirt with her after she kissed me.

"But look what you did" she starts talking again "you let that piece of shit shoots her! I thought you could keep her safe in my absence but I was wrong! You weren't able to do anything! It's your fault she has lost so much blood and you really want to lecture me?!" her voice comes out almost in a scream.

I feel like I can't say anything in my defense. How could I? She is right. I failed in my task when Ayshe had trusted me instead. She had entrusted Brook's life to me and I had failed. I didn't take that whole situation seriously enough and the result was simply tragic.