Chapter 7

POV Louis

"What happened ?" I ask, looking at Brook.

I'm trying to figure out if she's hurt too, but she seemed.

"We found out where your executioner's gun came from, so we went to visit him. He's a trafficker of illegal weapons." she begins to explain as she sits on the sofa. "We tried to persuade him first, but that creep was starting to go a little further, so Ayshe took action by pinning him to the ground. But then while I was stealing what we needed, he headbutted her and she knocked him out." She sighs at the end.

"And she's angry now ?" I sit next to her.

I notice that for a few seconds her body tenses up, but then she begins to relax.

Maybe her nature as secret spie required her to always be on guard, but I want her to understand that she can trust me. She may have been a killer and all... but she still an adorable little girl.

When her too long tongue remained at bay and she had no weapons with her.

"Yes. She doesn't like when these things happen out of the blue. She gets angry easily, especially when in the eyes of others she might appear..." someone interrupts her sentence.

"Weak." Liam says almost in a whisper.

I turn to him who was still looking at the empty stairs. Then at a slow and almost hesitant pace he begins to go upstairs.

I know he was worried about Morticia and I understood that. I too had feared that Brook had hurt herself.

"I hope your friend gets out safely and not with some broken limbs." Brook sighs.

"Your sister is scary." I say sincerely.

"Well, not all of us grew up on a bed of feathers, Tomlinson." Her brown eyes peer at me carefully.

"What do you mean ?"

She intrigues me. I want to know more about her life, her story.

For some reason this little girl had captured my attention from the moment my eyes first laid eyes on her. She isn't like the others. She isn't one of those girls who whines about everything, always wants to be pleased and showered with expensive gifts.

She knows how to take care of herself, actually... at this moment I am the one who needs protection. She knows how to deal with dangerous situations and she certainly doesn't need a man to buy her diamonds and luxury bags.

She's... like me and I am like her.

"Why on earth would I answer that question ?" she asks confused.

From her tone I notice that she has already gone into defense mode.

"Because I'm curious and because I would like to know more about the girl who is saving my life. I think I have the right or am I wrong ?" I ask while holding her gaze.

She looks at me in silence for a few seconds. Maybe she wasn't expecting my response. But it was the truth after all. I am curious and if I have to trust her, I have to know more.

The little girl's gaze is lost in space. Maybe she's thinking about whether to answer my question or hit me right in the face.

To my surprise she opted to answer my question.

"My sister and I didn't grow up with cuddles and hugs. Our parents were always very... harsh" her eyebrows furrow as she thinks back to her life. "Until my sister started running away from home. She spent whole nights outside and I stayed by the window waiting for her to come back." She almost murmurs.