05 - 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘺

At lunch break, I snuck out of the theater before Gally would notice, so i could avoid unnecessary questions.

I was walking to the bus station, when Thomas's car approached me.

What a day.

"Where you going shorty?"
"None of your business Thomas." I snapped almost immediately.
"I can drive you if you want." He shrugged.

Not a bad idea Thomas, let's drive to a man's house who has been forcing me to do things for the last two years. Let's go.

"No need. I'm just walking anyway. Not going anywhere."
"Alright, I know you're going somewhere but I won't force you to tell."
"Good that. Bye." I didn't stop walking, and after he left I went back to the bus station which I passed through.

After finally arriving there I knocked at his door. I still had one hour until lunch time was over.

"Come in darling."
"Don't call me that."
"Oh I'll call you whatever I want. What will you do? Punch me? We both know how that ended up." He motioned at my face.

I have two scars on my face. One on my lip and one below my eye. At first I couldn't cover them up, so when anyone asked about it, I always told them I was playing with a dog which scratched me. Obviously not the truth.

"You said you wanted to talk." I changed the subject. "Talk."
"Oh how clueless can you be honey" he let out a small laugh, then came closer to my face. I didn't move.
"You've changed." He moved my hair from my face. "Aren't you scared of me anymore?"

I couldn't say anything. I couldn't even breathe. But I had to be strong. So I never stopped staring at his eyes.

"I remember you couldn't even look at my face, let alone stare."
"You said you wanted to talk. I don't have much time."
"You will find time for me, beautiful."
"In case you forgot, last time we saw eachother, you were disgusted by me. You said you were done with me. What am I doing here now? Why did you called?"
"Oh I was disgusted because you wouldn't stop crying. Now you're more.. mature." He grinned.

Shivers went down my spine. I wanted him to be disgusted by me, but I knew he was lying. He loved when I cried and begged him to stop. I knew if I would cry, he would be sure that I was still as weak. And he would take an advantage.

"I still have scars."
"I know. But I think it isn't that big of a deal."
"If I had more scars? Would you still want me?"
"I hate your scars, Mila. No one will ever like them. But I like how it reminds me of the power I held towards you."

No one will ever like them.
No one.
Will ever.
Like them.

Tears started to form in my eyes, but I blinked them away without him noticing.

"So if it wasn't the scars that you caused, you would mind them."
"True."

I know exactly what to do.

"Are you done talking? I have to go."
"For now, yes. But save my number. We haven't even started darling."

Funny how he appeared in my life after four peaceful months.

I wouldn't exactly call it peaceful, but without him in my life, it was.

❁❁❁❁

"You made it!" Newt put his hand over my shoulders and smiled.
"I wouldn't miss it." I smiled back, knowing I would gladly miss it if he didn't ask me to be here.
"Minho is getting drinks for us, and I'm on a break so we can catch up with him, yeah?"
"Sure." I didn't dare to let my smile fade.
Newt can't know about anything that has been going on with me.