ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ - ᴛ ʜ ɪ ʀ ᴛ ʏ

It's time

It's time. 

Eri sat by her door nervously, holding the black cat that had insisted they put the plan into motion. The plan... to get her out of this horrible place. She ignored the itchiness in her horn as she waited for her usual check-in, that was the first phase of their plan. She looked down at the cat that looked back up at her, its tail twitching in anticipation as footsteps were heard from outside the room. The cat had left earlier to deliver a message to someone, Eri didn't know who but the cat mentioned it was two friends of theirs, who were going to lead Eri to more people on their side. 

Eri didn't know how it was supposed to work, but that apparently the cat was going to lead her to a 'checkpoint' where she would be met with one of their friends, and as she looked over to where the dictionary would be hidden, she couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness in leaving it behind. Of course this was a really scuffed way of getting out, and Eri knows the consequences if she were to fail this run. The girl shivered and curled into a ball, only to have a strand of her hair batted away from her face by the cat, that tilted it's ears in the direction of the door. Eri's lip wobbled slightly, but she picked herself off the ground and stood in front of the slab of wood, waiting...

"They are going to try again with her..."

"Well good luck I say, didn't she defy Overhaul or something?"

"Well yeah but, besides that Eri-"

NOW!

Eri willed herself not to squeal as she squeezed her eyes shut and barged out the door, power activated alongside her. She heard the muffled yells turn into higher pitched ones, but kept running, almost stumbling on her gown, and tripping over her own feet. She gasped when the cat tugged on her right arm harshly, and swiftly turned in that direction, finally opening her eyes to see the seemingly endless concrete hallway. She almost halted to catch her breath, but whipped around at the sound of more shouting, and continued her sprint down the dimly lit corridors. 

When she would come close to an intersection, the cat would either tug on her left or right shoulder to show her which direction to go down. Eri tried pushing down the panic that held her, and kept pushing forward, her hair trailing behind her small form. Eventually there was a faint siren sound coming from throughout the area, but Eri was already up the wooden stairs. The cat perched on her shoulder, and made a scratching motion at the wall in front of her. Eri planted her hands on the wall and pushed with all the strength she had left, and burst through with a gasp. 

She fell on the maroon carpet, her eyes widening at giant shadows looming over her. Eri shuddered, using her power once again and dragged herself up again, snagging the cat in her hand at the same time. She pulled the black furred feline over her shoulder, and heard a hiss, but paying no mind once more she bashed against the wooden frames, and finally- finally...