Long nights

Hey guys I'm sorry that it's been awhile since I posted. I had to really crack down at school, but now that I'm a high school graduate I have a ton of time on my hands.

*wybie*

It's been 3 days since we went to the well. The past 3 nights Coraline has been sneaking out at night to sleep over at my place. I hoped that it would allow her to get some sleep but she keeps repressing it, and when she does fall asleep she wakes back up almost immediately due to the nightmares. I try to help her. I've given her melatonin and nightmare medicine but nothing seems to work.  It's been noticed by our teachers that we both haven't been getting proper sleep and I sure that soon we will be getting calls home.

"Wybie, what am I going to do over winter break? " coraline whispers to me. "I don't know, you'll be stuck in that house all day, which might be ok. She only comes out at night right?" I whisper back. She shakes her head. "No, the portal opens when there are no adults around or if they're asleep". I sigh, of course the portal will only open when adults aren't around or asleep.  The bell rings and we walk to lunch in silence. Once we got to our table we both instantly played our heads on our arms and closed our eyes. We have been trying to get as much sleep as possible when we are far away from the house. "Hey guys, sleeping again are we?" I hear Trevor say. I roll my eyes and look up. "Yeah with midterms we haven't been getting a lot of sleep". Trevor just shrugs and starts talking to Coraline who didn't even acknowledge him. Trevor has been getting on her nerves even more lately that I honestly think she might snap.

*Coraline*

I can hear Trevor saying something but I don't really comprehend what he's saying. My eyes keep fluttering open and closed. Our friends show up and join in on the conversation but I just keep trying to fall asleep.  I feel wybie wrap his arm around my arm and pull me closer and I smile. Being closer to him makes me feel safer and more comfortable. I hear Trevor grunt but I don't even care. Dude never gets the hint so maybe seeing me and wybie be more than friends might finally get him to notice.