Winter break

Wybie POV:

Midterms are now over and school is out for the next 2 weeks. Normally winter break is exciting and a time for relaxation. But this year it has both me and Coraline filled with fear. These 2 weeks Coraline will be stuck at home Alone!! We have a plan for her to come over after her parents leave for work, but it's risky. Her dad still doesn't like me and, I'm not too fond of making him like me even less. 

Thankfully we have a few band practices and even a show over these 2 weeks so we got some excuses to be out of the house. 

I leave the house and start walking over to the Pink Palace. The cat walks over to me and meows. "why are you meowing? I know you can talk" I say.  He stares blankly at me.  I sigh and keep walking. As I get closer I see Coraline standing on the bridge in her garden. I smile as I walk to her, she is the most beautiful girl on this earth.

She sees me and looks up with a smile. Once I get to her I wrap my arms around her waist and lean my head on her shoulder. She leans her head against mine and puts her hand on my upper arm. I breathe in her perfume and just feel all my anxiety flow away.

"what are you doing here?" she asks, and I sigh. "with everything going on I get worried every time I'm away from you I get worried".  I bury my face into the crook of her neck. "I got some news today, My friend Henry from Pontiac has invited me for Christmas. I still have to ask my parents if I can go but it would be nice to see him and Mariah. " my head shoots up and I just stare at her. she puts her hand on my cheek and smiles. " I know it's a lot to take in but think about it. I would be far away from here. The beldame can't get me there. I also haven't seen my friends in 6 years". I look down, she's right. But I don't want to be in 2 different states. "Wybie look at me," she says and looks up. She pulls me into a kiss, and I just melt away. 

I pull her closer to me and put my right hand on the back of her neck and my left hand on her lower back. Her hands are on my cheeks. After awhile we part for air, breathless. But once we caught of breath I pulled her back in. I licked her bottom lip asking for entrance and she slowly opened her mouth. For a while, I explored every bit of her mouth listening to her gasps. 

"WYBORN!!!" I hear my grandma yell and we separate. Both of us gasping for air. I scratch the back of my neck and point behind me. "I guess I should go," I say. she just nods, her face red. I grabbed her hand and kissed it. "I'll text you, tell me what happens with you going away for Christmas ok?" i ask. "I will, I'll see you tonight after my parents go to bed" she answers and kisses my cheek. I hear my grandma call my name and do a quick weird bow to Coraline and run off.