•Chapter 6•

Nawab and Nandini lay tangled on the bed, their breaths mingling in the close proximity

Their eyes locked, and for a moment, the world outside ceased to exist. Nawab's expression softened, a flicker of vulnerability crossing his face.

"You know," He began, his voice barely above a whisper, "you remain a mystery to me. You appeared out of nowhere, and now you’re in every corner of my life, turning everything upside down. I can't figure you out."

Nandini's breath hitched at his words, feeling the intensity of his gaze.

She managed to keep her composure, her tone just as soft yet laced with determination.

"Because you," she replied, her eyes not wavering from his, "you’re like a bird trapped in a golden cage, bound by invisible chains.. You can’t see it, but you’re as much a prisoner as anyone."

Nawab's eyes darkened, a fire igniting within them.

He inched closer, his face hovering just inches above hers, the anger in his eyes palpable. "You don’t know what you’re talking about." he growled, the intensity of his emotions making her shiver.

The rage and hurt in his eyes spoke volumes, and for a moment, fear flickered in her heart.

She took a shaky breath, feeling the weight of his anger.

"I know enough," she whispered back, her voice steady despite the fear coursing through her.

"I know that you’re trapped, and you don’t want to realize it."

His expression hardened, his jaw clenching as he leaned even closer, their noses almost touching. "You...." he spat, "you've turned my life into chaos. Ever since you showed up, everything's been a mess. Why can't you just leave me alone?"

Before she could speak further, and the tension could escalate, a familiar voice boomed through the loudspeaker from downstairs.

"Attention everyone! I suggest you come down immediately and welcome me, if you value your lives."

Both of them froze, the reality of their situation crashing back in.

They scrambled to their feet, the awkwardness of their previous position now evident.

Without exchanging another word, they hurriedly made their way downstairs, confusion and urgency etched on their faces.

As they reached the main hall, Kadam stood at the center, a sinister smile on his face as he watched them approach.

"Ah, there you are," he drawled, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "I was beginning to think you were going to hide up there all day. Must have been quite the cozy little chat."

Nawab's eyes flashed with anger, but he held his tongue, knowing this wasn’t the time for a confrontation.

Nandini shot a glare at Kadam, her body tense with anticipation.