Following Death's tracks

May 12th: 4:06am: 2023
What the fuck was that about? Okay, first good news, we got a cool bird. Some funny bird with that big peak, pelican, I think they're called. Ash and I called it Pelipper, like the Pokemon, because we thought it was funny. We cuddled for a while, ate more spaghetti, and went to sleep. However, that's not where our story ends. It was still dark when I was woken, hell, it still is. But I digress. However, I was woken by the sound of an engines puffing. It was deep and horse, and sounded broken. It entered to docks slowly, and puffed towards the yard. Ash clung to my arm for dear life, while I could feel Donald shaking. The engine seemed to lurk among the trucks. Making some odd groaning and moaning like sounds. We knew, whatever it was, it wasn't good. It's movements were slow, but menacing. At last, it left the yard, without seeing us, and set off towards the china clay quarry. Once we knew it was gone, we acted. We quickly stoked up the fire, and ran. We ran like the cowards we are. We prayed to whatever stupid little thing was out there to keep us safe, and it did. We bolted over the junction, and were back on the familiar rails of the mainline. We darted into the safety of Wellsworth yard, and hurried into a shed, quickly closing the doors over as we did. We haven't even looked outside since. Like we could, even if we wanted to. The green fog is stronger out there, we're lucky it didn't kill us, really. None of us got a good look at whatever that thing was. And I'm glad. For now, we're just going to keep sleeping, knowing that, at least for now, we're safe.

May 12th: 7:32am: 2023
Once again, up at the crack of dawn. Ash and I found some blunt weapons, and ventured into the barely lit yard. We expected a fight of some sort, but no, the yard was shockingly empty. Aside from a few mutated trucks, looks like it was completely licked clean. Clearly, someone was here. God knows who though. We're inspecting Donald, and plan to venture out soon. We're checking the ever so dangerous Knapford yard, and most places along that section of the line. Let's hope we find something.

May 12th: 10:24am: 2023
We've made it to Elsbrige. God, everything is awful, and has been for some time. We fired Donald up, and left. At first, the trek seemed easy. Until we reached the viaduct. Dead trees surrounding either side. We slowed our pace, and stopped, just before the bridge. We could see the shape of an engine at the bottom. After some closer examination, we found out it was Emily. She looked just as bad as Trevor. Her coaches behind her. Clearly, she'd tried to make the same escape that we'd made, but she wasn't as lucky. We left her behind, she clearly was long gone, nothing we could do. We crept along the line, passing Crosby. The trucks we had left behind were torn up, with the shape of a red diesel and works unit coach in one of the sidings. We didn't dare look, the smell gave away all we needed to know. At last, we reached Elsbridge. And slowly made our way into the yard. It was an awful mess. Corpses of the trucks lay scattered around the yard. And, one of the sheds had fallen down. We stopped in the goods shed, and, to our relief, we found Henrietta! She was unhurt, thankfully, but slightly sindged. We asked what had happened, and why she was all alone. And she told us.. She had been with Toby and Thomas. Thomas was at the platform, while Toby was resting in the shed. When, there were the six loud pops, followed by the explosion. Toby ordered Thomas to drop whatever he was doing, and run. Thomas didn't listen, he gathered as many passengers into Annie and Clarabell, and then took off. Seconds later, the shockwave hit. The shed Toby was in was hit so hard, that it was demolished in seconds. That's when it hit us. Toby was in the remains of the shed. Donald jumped into action, and told her that we could get him out, and tried to tell Toby to hang on.. But Henrietta cut us off. Telling us the soul crushing news, that Toby had been killed instantly.. She also told us that a few engines had passed by, while she was alone. She said that she'd seen BoCo, taking a fairly lengthy goods train. She'd also see Edward pass with the breakdown train and thought she'd even seen James. But the fog was so thick that she couldn't tell what condition they were in. We arranged Henrietta to the front of our train, and are collecting our thoughts. Farewell Toby.

May 12th: 1:45pm: 2023
We debited going up Duck's line, but the track was under repairs, so there isn't much point. So, we decided just to go along to Tidmouth station, and stop there. So, we did. The line was barron as we crept along. Nothing in sight. Until we reached Henry's tunnel. Something about it seemed.. Off.. I don't know how to mention it. So, we waited. And, as we did, we heard what sounded like slow, horse puffing. At last, the shape of an engine came out of the tunnel. I wished we hadn't seen it, personally. The smell of rotten fish was the first thing to hit us, then the smell of burnt meat. Henry came puffing out from the tunnel. He looked awful. Large holes covered his face, leaking steam from every which way. He screamed a dreadful, inhuman scream, as he clattered past us. We didn't know what to think. So, we did what we thought was right, and just left. Not far outside of the tunnel, we found Arthur. He looked like he'd tried to outrun the infection. But going head on into the shockwave must've killed him instantly. Ash chucked it, spilling half digested spaghetti all over Donald's tender floor. Tidmouth station is empty. Aside from dead bodies, trucks and half of the breakdown train.. Weird. We're hoping to find something. Don't get me wrong, Henrietta is already doing wonders for our little troop! She's so strong, and has been helping both Donald and I deal with our missing twins. We're going to hang around for a while, before we keep going.