A Kid?

[Sherlock pov]

Today is boring there's no cases no murderer no anything. It's dull I need to have something to make my time worth but people are dull. Suddenly I heard someone's talking it's Ms. Hudson she's talking to someone but who? Based on the voice it seems like woman. I wander if Ms. Hudson bring someone she usual tell me but this time she doesn't.

I heard the door open from apartment beneath mine opened alright obviously I have a new neighbour hope the woman doesn't cause any sence or be bothered by me doing some experiments or my violin music wait why do I care? She can bare it.

Suddenly John talking to me "why are you look so tense Sherlock?" he asked sitting on his chair continue doing his blog but Sherlock he's being him just stay silent then suddenly get to a sitting position in a proper manner that cause John to raise an eyebrow at him "what are you doing?"

"we have visitor, from our new neighbour downstairs" he said then suddenly the door open reviling Ms. Hudson with a girl that looks around in her 20 or something well at least she looks like someone who can live with a sociopath. But suddenly he heard a voice behind the woman it's another girl voice talking to Ms. Hudson in the background.

When they finish talking Ms. Hudson speak to me and John "oh, Sherlock, John you both got a new neighbours downstairs I hope you guys can get along" she said gesturing for the woman to walk inside meanwhile there's another girl she's a.... Kid? Does this kid is the woman daughter? But they doesn't look alike at all probably adopted. But it's early for 20 years old woman to adopt a child unless she doesn't want to have any relationship sure but for some reason that kid look familiar.

Suddenly John say "hi I'm John" offering his hand for a shake "I'm Sarah" she shake his hand and John turn to the kid and gives his hand for a shake to she accept and shake his hand "Marissa, it's lovely meeting you Dr. Watson" she said sounds like a grown up woman rather than her look like a kid "oh, nice meeting you to Marissa" John gesture them to sit down.

Marissa sit down on the long couch Sherlock's sitting and Sarah follow suit while John sat on his chair "I'll go make you all some tea and some biscuits too" the old woman said "thank you Ms. Hudson" Marissa said smiling softly at her then the old woman leaves them alone to get to know each other.

It was all silent not that awkward and not that comfortable either but Sherlock has been deducting both of them since they're arrived. "lovely meeting you Mr. Holmes are you done deducting me?" Marissa ask that cause Sherlock to raise an eyebrow at him "how do you know I've been deducting you? "

"well, it simply it's because Mr. Watson's blogs. I love your adventure" Marissa said smiling softly at both of them "please just call me John" John said doesn't like the sound people calling him that "Alright then John" Marissa confirmed look back at Sherlock also known as her father but she doesn't want to tell him yet she have some surprise for him.

"and just call me Sherlock" sherlock suddenly said "Alright then Sherlock" Marissa confirmed after that conversation Ms. Hudson came in with a tea and a biscuits done served on the coffee table. Marissa take a glass of tea and drink it "it's lovely Ms. Hudson" the old lady blushed at her compliment then leave them again to have some more time.

As all of them enjoying their tea Marissa suddenly break the silence "say Sherlock would you mind if I join you in your any cases?" that cause everyone to look at her including Sarah because she doesn't know anything "join me? In my cases?" Sherlock ask "yes, let's assume it that I'm your student" Marissa said "and why should I?" he asked.

"because I want to be a detective like you. It'll be so much fun when you can solve crimes, don't you think?" she said trying to reasoning with him "no" the only answer Sherlock said that cause Marissa to give him a questioning look. "why no?"

"because I said so, and I don't have time to take care a kid when I already have one" he said bluntly "wait does that mean you just called me a kid?" Jonh suddenly realized what Sherlock meant and Sherlock just smile at him.

"well, I'm sorry if you think me as a burden but don't worry I'll just observing you you can just ingnore me if you want tho" Marissa said still try to reasoning with him "the answer still no" Sherlock said didn't care if he hurts someone's dream of being detective like him.

Marissa sigh nonetheless want to reasoning with him again this is her last chance "how about I pay you?" that cause both Sherlock and John to turn their heads at her like she some kind of maniac "name your price I can give it" Marissa continue.

Sherlock smirk "I knew it" he said then continue "I knew there's something off about you" he said making Marissa look up at him from her tea "why that took you so long I thought you already know the whole story about me by just looking at me" she provoke him "are you saying I'm not good at deducting you?" Sherlock asked it seems like he's ego is high.

"well, I didn't say anything" she said then take a sip of her tea then continue "you're the one who said it Sherlock" she gives him a friendly smile making Sherlock feels like this kid in front of him is underestimating him. "you say just name the price right?" he asked "I didn't know you're deaf now" raise an eyebrow at him in a teasing manner making Sherlock smirk thinking this kid is great and maybe he will take her as his student. Maybe, or maybe not. Who knows, right readers?

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey lovely! I just want to say thanks for reading this and for waiting to update I'm just glad someone read it. And please comment something I love to know what your thoughts about this fanfiction. I love you guys so much ♥️♥️♥️

Love – mia❤️