College and a strange girl

Sheldon's POV:

"Sheldon, wake up!" My father, George Cooper shouted outside of my bedroom door. Today was my first day at East Texas Tech. My bag had been packed for weeks in anticipation of this very moment. "I've been awake since 6:00!" I shouted back.

"Then, uh, come out for breakfast." He said and I heard his hefty footsteps trudge away from the door. Getting up from the desk chair, I grabbed my heavy bag and lugged it out to the kitchen.

There was my mother, standing over a pan of scrambled eggs, tears slowly escaping her eyes. "Mom, what's wrong?" "Oh, nothing, baby." She quickly wiped her tears and dished up some eggs and a piece of toast.

"Are you sad about me leaving?" "No, I'm just peachy." She said sarcastically. "You know, studies have shown that sarcasm makes a statement sound more critical. Oscar Wilde even said 'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.' I beg to differ."

"And why is that?" "Because I'm barely ever sarcastic and yet I'm the most intelligent one in our entire family." She gave me a dirty look, but deep inside she knew I was right.

After eating my breakfast, we put my stuff into the trunk of the car, I said my goodbyes, and we left. From the car, I heard Missy shout "I have two rooms!" And run inside.

Both parents sat in the front seats, placing me in the back, which I preferred. It was the safest seat in the vehicle.

"So, baby, are you scared at all?" "No." She cleared her throat and sat back in the passenger seat. Silent is how I preferred rides to be. It allowed me to process through some theories that I've recently read about and so on.

The drive was fairly quiet, and about an hour later, we arrived. My parents helped bring stuff to the dorm. "Alright, Shelly. We'll miss you." My mother said, tears forming in her eyes. "I'll be back on the weekends." "I know." She gave me a hug.

They left me to myself, putting away my things and organizing them into dresser drawers and onto hangers. "Hi." A voice said from the doorway.

A boy walked in, carrying a large bag of luggage. He had curly brown hair and brown eyes, a fairly muscular build, and wore straight-legged jeans with a color block shirt.

"Hello. I'm Sheldon Cooper." I introduced myself to him and gave a nod, signaling for him to share his name.

"Barry Campbell. Uh, sorry. This is the wrong room." He looked around and then left

Sitting down, I started sorting through my daily itinerary.

Calypso's POV:

My first mistake was cutting through the grass to my dorm. Some kid threw a frisbee that came flying at my head and missed by an inch.

My second one was looking down at the little pink post-it note in my hand. I crashed into someone.

"I am so sorry." I said, kneeling to pick up the spilled contents of my bag. "It's totally my fault." He replied, helping me.

He had curly brown hair, brown eyes, and wore a color block shirt with straight-legged jeans. "I'm Calypso, but you can call me Cal." "Barry. You look pretty young. How old are you?" "I'm 14, but my 15th birthday is in a month or so."

"Are you that super smart kid?" He asked. "Uh, I don't know. According to Dr. Link letter, there are two of us going here." I replied with a chuckle. He laughed as well.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Cal." He said, shaking my hand and walking down the hall.

——✨🌊✨——

I eventually found my dorm room and settled in before learning a few things about my roommate. Her name was Holly Carpenter, she was 19, and she was getting her degree in psychology.

She left, so I decided to head to the library. It was huge with oak shelves and tables. The shelves were filled from top to bottom with thousands of books.

After settling on War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, I picked a table and sat down. "Excuse me, would you happen to know where the Science Fiction section is?" Someone asked. He was tall with brown hair neatly swept to the side and handsome blue eyes.

"Uh, no. But, the card catalog is over in the corner. What's your name?" "Sheldon. What's yours?" "Oh, Cooper. Right? I'm Cal. Dr. Linkletter has told me so much about you." I smiled.

"I don't seem to recall hearing anything about you. What is your connection to him?" "Oh. Uh, he's a friend of my mom's ." "Is that so? I thought he didn't have friends." I laughed. "My mom went here and took his class."

"That makes sense. Well, thank you for the directions." He walked away and I laughed a bit.

Sheldon's POV:

I walked into the library and started searching for the science fiction section. "Excuse me, would you happen to know where the Science Fiction section is?" I asked a girl who was sitting at a table.

She wore a knee-length skirt with aqua-blue flowers all over it and a white button-down cardigan. Her long black hair accentuated her tan skin and striking seafoam green eyes and her perfume smelled of sea salt and rose.

"Uh, no. But, the card catalog is over in the corner. What's your name?" "Sheldon. What's yours?" "Oh, Cooper. Right? I'm Cal. Dr. Linkletter has told me so much about you." She smiled warmly. I asked about her connection to Dr. Linkletter. He was a friend of her mother's.

When we were done talking, I started to walk toward the catalog but quickly turned around. "By the way, that is an excellent choice of book." "One of my favorites. Right next to Pride and Prejudice and The Hobbit." "Do you like comics?" "Anything Marvel." I like her already.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!!

Word count: 1010