A newfound crush and an embrace

Sheldon's POV:

After leaving Missy's room, I went outside and sat at the table. "Wow. Outside. That's where birds live. What's wrong?" Cal's voice asked from the doorway.

"Oh. Uh, nothing. Just needed some air." I lied. Voluntarily. It felt strange.

"You know I'm here for you. If you're not ready to talk, that's okay." She reassured me. "I know. Thank you." I responded.

She smiled warmly, but I could still see pain in her eyes. The death of a loved one is hard to deal with.

(Time skipppp)

Cal, Missy, and I hung out for the rest of the day. In other words, they made me come to the mall with them.

Once we were home, I decided to watch an episode of Star Trek that I had taped a while ago. Greg clouds had started to get her in the sky, but I thought nothing of it.

About halfway through the episode, Cal walked into the living room and sat down. "I love Star Trek!" She beamed.

At that moment, I wanted to tell her how I felt, but couldn't figure out how. "Uh, I have to go do something. Be right back!" I said and rushed away.

I ran over to Meemaw's house. If anyone had advice, it would be her. "Meemaw?" I said, knocking.

She opened the door. "Everything okay, Moonpie?" She asked. "I need advice." "Ooh is this about Calypso?" She said with a smirk. "Yes. I think I have a crush on her, but I don't know how to tell her how I feel."

"Well, come on in." She gestured inside.

Cal's POV:

Sheldon rushed off and left me to watch Star Trek by myself. He'd been acting weird since that morning. So had Missy, but she seemed less jumpy and more like she was just messing with Sheldon.

"Well hey, Cal." Mrs.Cooper said, walking into the living room. "Hi, Mrs.Cooper." I replied, smiling at her.

"Whatcha doin'?" She asked, sitting next to me. "Well, Sheldon and I were watching Star Trek, but he ran off." "He has been acting a bit strange today." She agreed.

We continued to talk, and suddenly, the back door opened. In walked a tall guy, about 18 with brown hair and eyes. "Hey, mom. Oh. You must be that Calypso girl Sheldon is always going on about." He chuckled, looking at me.

"And you must be Georgie. Sheldon told me about you." I said, walking over and shaking his hand.

"Just so you know, he likes you a lot." Georgie said with a smile.

I don't know why, but his saying that made my heart flutter.

Sure, Sheldon was kind, intelligent, and dare I say handsome, but he was just a friend.

Once everyone had gone to bed, I sat down on the couch by the door. Sheldon hadn't come back yet, and I was starting to worry.

After a while, the door quietly creaked open to let Sheldon in.

"Where were you?" I asked, making him jump. "I went to Meemaw's." He replied.

"Why?" "Would you believe me if I said Mandy needed help with the baby?" "No. Sit down."

He sat down next to me on the couch and looked a bit guilty.

"Sheldon, what's going on with you? You've been totally weird around me all day." I said, a tinge of anger in my voice.

"I just- I can't tell you." He said, and my heart broke. He couldn't talk to me.

"Why not?" "I don't know I just can't. I mean, if I told you, I'm afraid you wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore." He responded, and he sounded on the verge of tears.

"Come here." I pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry." He cried.

"Sheldon, I'm never going to stop being your friend. No matter what happens." I smiled, wiping a tear from his cheek.

Sheldon's POV:

Cal looked at me with her enchanting green eyes and wiped a tear from my cheek.

That's when I decided. I didn't see her as just a friend anymore. My affection toward her was much more than that.

She could make me smile like no one else ever had been able to. When I was with her, the world seemed brighter and more full of life. The mere sound of her voice illuminated my day.

I truly loved her.

Cal's POV:

Sheldon locked eyes with me and a soft smile formed on his lips. "I-" He was cut off by a loud crash of thunder.

The rain started pounding down on the windows mercilessly and the eerie shrill of wind pierced the night.

Sirens started wailing in the distance. We both got up off of the couch. I rushed outside to see what was happening.

The wind whipped around me, stinging my face. In the distance, a dark funnel cloud was forming.

I ran back inside and Sheldon looked at me in shock. "We need to get to the bathroom. Now." I said.

"Hold on. Cal, you're completely dry." I looked down at my clothes. They should've been soaked. Instead, they were completely dry. So was my hair.

"What the-" A large bolt of lightning lit up the entire front room.

We ran to the bathroom, and the sound of glass shattering echoed behind us.

We found the other family members in there as well, leaving the bathtub as the only available space.

The low whistle of the tornado filled my ears, and to my surprise, Sheldon pulled me closer to him and wrapped his strong arms around me.

I could feel the warmth radiating off of his body and could hear the racing sound of his heartbeat.

He had never stricken me as the protective type, but in that moment, he hadn't hesitated to provide a safeguard.

The bathroom window shattered all over the sink and the haunting scream of the wind became even louder.

Sorry about the short chapters, ya'll! Have a wonderful day!