The Maretime Bay Talent Show

It was only a week or two after our Equestrian heroes got back from their latest Unity Quest in Fernfield, Washington with Violette Rainbow, where they helped five golden retriever puppies save their parents from dognappers and helped the Buddies settle into their brand-new homes...

...also teaching Violette a lesson about change-- even though it can be hard sometimes, the outcome may be worth the change itself.

A few days after Violette started school, she wrote Izzy and the others a letter saying how much the experience in Fernfield helped her adapt to new changes, and that school was going great!

Those words were like music to the Mane 6's ears.

But now that the Mane 6 were back, it was time to start holding an event that Sunny and Hitch loved since they were little-- the Maretime Bay talent show, a special event held near the beginning of autumn to showcase everypony's special talents.

And this year would be even more special, since all three pony kinds were going to be involved in the festivities.

Soon, the big night finally arrived with excitement sky high, cause by the time the sun officially went down, the show would officially begin.

XXXXXXXX

There were many different kinds of acts in the running this year:

Glory, Peach Fizz and Seashell had put together a special ballet routine, since they had all been taking dance lessons for a few months
Rufus was going to be doing his magic act
Posey and Dahlia were teaming up to showcase the new skills they've learned with their earth pony flora magic
Rocky was going to be doing a baton twirling routine with Jazz
And once all the listings had been made, it was up to the Mane 6 to make sure that everypony was ready to go by the time the curtains opened, as well as introduce each of the acts when it was time for them.

However, this wasn't going to be the only talent-related adventure they were going to have... they would soon find out that there would be more talent trouble coming their way.

Now, back to the story.

XXXXXXXX

In the Crystal Brighthouse, the Mane 6 were making sure that the performers had their last-minute practice sessions in, and Pipp was tasked with making sure every performer looked and felt their best... despite putting a lot of pressure on herself. "A patch of eyeshadow for you... a little bit of blusher for you, and mascara for you. Ha!"

However, she cringed when she saw that Posey looked more like a hideous clown than anything, causing Pipp to chuckle nervously, wipe Posey's face and started again, this time a bit more lightly.

Across the room, Hitch and Sparky were showcasing their own moves for the Pippsqueaks, hoping that the three fillies would let them in on their routine. "Step, heel, heel, step, shuffle bump! Jazz hooves!" Hitch said with a smile as he danced around and twirled before he made a jazz sign with his hooves. Sparky tried to follow, but he lost his balance and rolled across the floor as he hit a pole that fell on Hitch, causing him to yelp before he looked at the Pippsqueaks. "So... what do you girls think?"

"Eh... no offense, Sheriff Hitch," Peach Fizz spoke first, "you and Sparky are great at that kind of dancing."

"But ballet is a bit more... dignified and less... jazzy," Glory tried to find the best words to explain. "And... we designed the routine to fit us and us only."

"Maybe you can dance with us at our recital coming up," Seashell patted Hitch on the hoof, "but we gotta get to practicing. Come on, girls!"

And just like that, the three trotted off, leaving Hitch to blink in surprise as Zipp approached. "Uh... what just happened?"