Garfield's Training Begins

Our heroes had found what they thought was the magic pond, but in order to gain access to it, funny guru Freddy Frog and his assistant Shimmerwing, who was really a shapeshifting pegasus with rainbow wings and a rainbow mane and tail, were going to have to teach Garfield the ways of being TRULY funny, so he could really ace his performance at Fun Fest.

And even though Garfield was hoping to get back to Fun Fest soon, the ponies knew that this was going to take some time to get through.

Luckily for Garfield, all of the ponies and Odie were going to be there to help him...

...no matter how long it might take.

XXXXXXXX

The first thing Freddy did for Garfield's training was pick up a nearby stick off the ground. "What is this, round one?"

"It's a stick," Garfield deadpanned. "And what's with the "round one" remark?"

"Oh, heh..." Shimmerwing chuckled. "He always gives nicknames to his students. Besides, this is much more than a stick, furball! Watch and learn."

And so, Freddy began to do several different things with the stick, like pretending it was a patient and he was the doctor, pretending it was a splinter in his neck and serving it on a platter, as if he was a waiter. When he was done, he offered it to Garfield again. "Now, you do something with the stick."

"I can't," Garfield responded, causing Jasmine to become confused. "Why not? It looks fun!"

"Because," Garfield responded, "he used up all the good stuff."

"Oh brother..." Zipp sighed under her breath just before Shimmerwing gave the stick to Odie, to really show Garfield how it was done.

The dog threw it like a pole and ran right to it, just before it 'landed' on his chest and he clutched in pain. Then, he used it as if he was a composer conducting an orchestra, followed by pretending he was Zorro using a sword. He walked on it like it was a tightrope then used it like a microphone as he sung like Elvis, complete with hairdo.

After he was done, the others clapped/stomped their hooves to applaud him. "There you go!" Freddy exclaimed. "That's what I'm talking about!"

"Thank you. Thank you very much," Odie seemed to mutter in an Elvis sort of manner. "Hate to break it to you, Odie," Diamond whispered, "but mimes aren't supposed to talk. I really liked that, though."

"Now you try, Garfield," Shimmerwing urged. Well, I'm sorry, but I don't do stick shtick," Garfield told her before turning to Freddy. "What else you got?"

Freddy's answer was short and simple. "Boot camp, big boy!"

"Uh... we don't have to do the boot camp too, do we?" Pipp asked. "I just had my mane styled, and I don't want to get different kinds of pie crumbs in it."

"Oh, you don't have to-- for you guys, it's a choice," Shimmerwing smiled. "If you want, you could stick nearby and see how this all plays out."

Pipp sighed in relief while the others looked at one another, confused and worried all at once.

One thing was for certain... this was sure to be interesting.

XXXXXXXX

And so, Garfield's funny boot camp training began.

First, Freddy taught Garfield about slipping on a banana peel and landing on his back. When it was Garfield's turn to try, but landed on his head, causing the ponies to wince.

Next, Freddy showed the cat how to hit his face when stepping on a rake, but when Garfield attempted this and stepped on the pointy rake, he clutched his foot in pain, stepped on the garden tool, and hit his back on it.