Chapter 7

Sunpaw looked up. She saw a green meadow, filled with prey and blooming flowers.

"Where am I?" she mumbled, sitting up.

Suddenly she saw a black tom with amber eyes walk by, seeming completely mesmerized by the place.

Then she realized it was the Skyclan cat who had come up with the mouse idea.

"Hey!" She mewed, making the tom jump in surprise. "Wasn't your name.... Burnpaw?"

He nodded. "You're the one who almost got bit by an adder."

A dark gray tabby she-cat came running up to them, her brown eyes wide.

"Who are you?" The she-cat mewed. "And where am I?" Suddenly she widened her eyes. "Aren't you Burnpaw? Of Skyclan? And Sunpaw of, uh..."

"Thunderclan." Sunpaw finished. "I remember you now, from my first gathering. Hollypaw was it?"

Hollypaw nodded.

Unexpectedly, a cat with stars in her pelt padded up.

Burnpaw gasped. "Are we in Starclan?" More worriedly he added, "Have we died?"

The starry cat beckoned the three cats closer. As they padded up to her and sat beside one another, the cat spoke.

"To defeat what takes the clan cats, the clans will need to unite under your guidance. But to drive them out for good, you will need what's gold."

Burnpaw tilted his head. "What do you mean by 'What's gold'?"

The starry cat stood up and turned around. "I trust you. All of you."

With that she left. 

"Wait!" Hollypaw mewed loudly. "Is it a prophecy? What does it mean?"

Sunpaw sighed. "I'm pretty sure it's a prophecy, and if I'm right, it can't be good. She said that something will take the clan cats. Are you all going to the gathering tonight?"

Hollypaw and Burnpaw nodded.

"Good. I'll be there too, let's talk more at the gathering."

Burnpaw rose his new in a panic. "My mentor is trying to wake me up!"

"Meet behind that bush by the shore! Before the gathering begins."

Burnpaw nodded, and slowly faded from view.

"Mouse dung," Hollypaw mewed, "I'm being waken too."

As Sunpaw felt a paw on her side, she mewed, "As am I. See you later!"

She blinked open her eyes to see Hollowpaw standing over her.

"Oh, I thought you were Gorsefur. What do you want?" Sunpaw asked.

Hollowpaw looked outside. "Well, that's why I was getting you. Our mentors want us to hunt together today."

Sunpaw stood up and licked her chest fur, and walked out.

Leafpelt was waiting outside.

"Good, now we're just waiting on Gorsefur. She's in the medicine den."

Sunpaw gasped. "Why?"

Leafpelt purred. "She's not hurt, she's just checking on Poppyshadow. She's getting better."

Sunpaw relaxed. "Oh, okay. Where are we hunting?"

"By the Skyclan border."

"Alright," Sunpaw mewed.

Just then, Gorsefur came trotting out of the medicine den.