Chapter 20

Sunpaw watched by the camp entrance along with Breezepaw, Golden, and Rockstar as the Skyclan cats finally made it to Thunderclan, lead by Lynxstar. 

Lynxstar stood up and walked over to Rockstar. As they exchanged words, Yellowtail turned to the Skyclan cats. Finally, Rockstar spoke.

"Cats of Thunderclan, Skyclan," she mewed. "Our plan is to make our way over to the Windclan border without being seen. If Shadowclan is there, we attack."

"We too have smelled Shadowclan scent all throughout our territory," Lynxstar continued. "So be ready to fight."

"Let's make arrangements!" Sparrowfeather called. "Rockstar and Lynxstar will lead, then me and Yellowtail behind. The warriors, of both clans, will walk behind us, then behind them all of the apprentices."

The cats yowled in agreement, and once they were in arrangement, they exited camp and began to pad through the forest. 

Burnpaw fell back to Sunpaw, Golden trotting a little further away. "This could be the biggest battle of my life," the Skyclan tom muttered.

"It could be the biggest battle of any of our lives," Sunpaw agreed. "But nonetheless, we do it for our clans."

Burnpaw shook his head in agreement, and fell silent. Finally, he mewed, "Do you think Golden is the last cat in the prophecy?"

Sunpaw nodded. "Yeah, but if I ask him if he dreamt anything he'll definitely tell Rockstar. Then... then she'll know, then she'll announce it to everyone else at a gathering, and then every cat will be paranoid. That's something nobody wants."

Burnpaw nodded. "Yeah."

"We're at the border," Berrytail mewed, turning around to face them. "So can you please shut it?"

Burnpaw took a step back, while Sunpaw rolled her eyes. "Okay, o' great one."

Berrytail growled and turned back around. Suddenly, Yellowtail and Sparrowfeather came down, speaking to each line of warriors and apprentices one by one. Finally, Yellowtail reached Sunpaw and the others. "They're on Windclan territory," she mewed. "Get ready." Yellowtail made sure that was the last line. She ran back, collecting Sparrowfeather on the way.

Sunpaw unsteathed her claws, and heard a few growls sound around her. When the cats Infront of her began to run, she followed. Making sure to keep stride with the other apprentices, she looked out at Windclan territory when she was close enough. Cats were battling already, and a few were looking for an opponent.

As soon as she got down there, she came face to face with a Shadowclan apprentice. Sunpaw could recognize her as Bearpaw. 

Bearpaw jumped on her, yowling. "You'll regret allying with those murders, prey-stealer!"

"We didn't steal, mouse-brain!" Sunpaw yowled, rearing up to push her back. "And they're not murders!". Bearpaw got up almost immediately and pounced back at her before she could get back on all four paws, and she was knocked over.

"Now who's the mouse-brain?" Bearpaw asked in a mocking tone. As Sunpaw got back up, she yowled with anger and charged into the older apprentice. 

Bearpaw widened her eyes, as she clearly hadn't expected Sunpaw's attack. Sunpaw raked her claws down Bearpaw's side, blood spilling out immediately. Bearpaw yowled in pain and anger.

Bearpaw lunged at Sunpaw, teeth bared and claws outstretched. Sunpaw felt claws tear at the side of her neck, and felt warm blood coming out of the wound. They jumped at eachother, and they began to roll in the middle of the other fighting cats, hissing and swiping at eachother. Finally, Stonestar tripped over them, breaking them apart.