ii

On the night of the reunion, Roseanne picks up Lisa as they agreed. Although she has been expecting her, Lisa's heart races when the doorbell rings. Somi, who has been putting up with Lisa's fussing over her clothes and makeup, pokes her head around the corner with a sly smile. Lisa shoos her away before skipping over to the door and opening it.

Although unsurprising, the fact that Roseanne is wearing a suit takes Lisa's breath away. The suit is black and perfectly fitted to her form. Her white shirt is adorned with a black tie and her hair is pulled away from her face in a long braid. When she manages to regain her composure, Lisa looks up to find Roseanne looking at her with slightly darkened eyes. Lisa can't help but smile; the red dress was a good choice after all.

"So, do I look good enough to impress all your high school friends?"

"You look beautiful," Roseanne blurts out, her cheeks darkening when her mind catches up to her mouth.

"You're not so bad yourself."

Lisa thinks she sees Roseanne's cheeks turn a shade darker.

At that moment, both Somi and Jennie appear behind Lisa. The two of them had agreed that they had to take advantage of this opportunity to get a look at Roseanne, despite Lisa begging them to stay away. Somi gives Roseanne an appraising look before declaring:

"You were right, Lisa. She is hot."

Lisa turns towards her, mortified, and ready to murder her so-called friend, but Jennie gets to her first.

"Somi, she may be good-looking, but she obviously had terrible taste. I mean, she chose Lisa over me! There is clearly something not right with her head."

Lisa cringes as she tries to get her friends to shut up with wide eyes and wild gesturing.

"Guys, this is kind of a bad time," she pleads, gesturing towards Roseanne as she stands in front of her protectively, hoping that it will somehow shield her ears as well as her eyes.

"No", Jennie opposes, taking a step forward. "This is the perfect opportunity for me to see for myself what sort of crazy person would pick Lisa over me."

Even Somi looks worried as Jennie turns towards Roseanne.

"Hello, let me introduce myself. I'm Jennie, the clearly better-looking friend."

Roseanne smiles and extends her hand to shake Jennie's.

"Hello Jennie, I'm Roseanne, the girl who, unfortunately for you, prefers brunettes than blondes."

Lisa is glad that Roseanne's attention is focused on Jennie as she feels her cheeks heat up. Jennie gives Roseanne a wry smile and takes another step forward. She is about to suggest something about dying her hair brunette when Somi comes between them, arms raised in surrender.

"Guys, I'm going to cut this conversation short before it escalates." She turns towards Roseanne and explains: "I would hate to have to kick your ass because you insulted my friend."

Roseanne raises an eyebrow and Somi rolls her eyes. She is used to being underestimated because of her height.

"I'll have you know that I'm a brown belt in karate."

Roseanne nods, looking impressed.

"I'm a black belt."

Somi's jaw drops and she lets her arms fall to her sides.

"Wait, you said your name was Roseanne? The Roseanne? The one Felix trains with?"

"Yes, that would be me."