vii

Lalali

I'm screwed.

Somi

I'll be there in 5.

Lisa grins at her phone. She knows that nothing she says will stop her friend from coming to her rescue. And Lisa knows this will involve a whole interrogation with demands for details and reenactments. And no matter how much she protests, she does enjoy knowing that her friend cares about her. And, although Lisa hates to admit it, Somi gives good advice, most of the time.

While she waits for Somi to arrive, Lisa replays the day's events in her head. She thinks back to her breakdown, when she told Roseanne about her father. She recalls the look in Roseanne's eyes; there was sympathy and understanding, but not pity as she had feared. She doesn't know why she felt the urge to tell Roseanne things she had never told anyone before, but she is glad she did. And she is glad she had Roseanne by her side for the day. Not only to help her mother accept her bisexuality, but also because her presence was comforting.

Her mind returns to the kiss she shared with Roseanne, and she feels her cheeks heat up at the memory. She is grateful to have had an excuse to kiss her, and she has to admit that the look on her mother's face was priceless. But, although it may have seemed like she kissed Roseanne to reinforce their act, she would be lying to herself if she said that she hadn't wanted to do it. She had wanted to feel Roseanne's lips on hers once more. She had wanted another taste of paradise.

Lisa licks her lips, and she would swear that she can still taste Roseanne there. She is interrupted from her reverie when the front door slams open. Somi storms in, drops all her things by the door and drags Lisa from her bedroom. She leads her into the living room before pushing her onto the sofa, and falling onto it next to her. She turns towards Lisa with a sly smile.

"I want you to tell me everything."

Lisa opens her mouth to speak, but Somi shushes her by pressing a finger to her lips.

"Jennie is going to be here in approximately 2 minutes. We'll just wait till she gets here so you don't have to repeat yourself."

The two of them wait in silence, Lisa squirming under her friend's unrelenting stare and knowing smile. She sighs with relief when Jennie shows up shortly after, as promised. Jennie looks at the pile of Somi's things by the door with a smirk. She starts slowly putting her own things away as Somi taps her foot impatiently.

"Come on, Jenjen! Move it!"

Jennie grins mischievously as she takes off her shoes at a glacial pace, enjoying the look of impatience on Somi's face. This is her revenge for being called Jenjen. She hates being called Jenjen.

When all her things are finally where they belong, Jennie sits down on the couch next to Somi. Lisa rolls her eyes at her expectant look and starts telling her friends what they want to know.

"So I really like Roseanne."

"Great!" Somi squeals.

Jennie covers Somi's mouth with her hand, muffling Somi's shriek. "There's a but, isn't there?"

"Well," Lisa starts, "I don't know if she likes me back... I mean we've been pretending to be a couple, so I can't really look for clues. But man she's good at pretending."

Jennie rolls her eyes. "This is off to a good start. I'm going to go ahead and guess that she isn't good at pretending at all."

Lisa frowns. "No, she's a good actress. Sells the whole act really well-"

"What Jennie is trying to say," Somi interrupts, "is that it's not acting. Have you considered the possibility that she does, in fact, like you?"

Lisa's frown deepens. "Well no. But-"