Part 13 Helena's birthday

Helena and her family were sitting in the dining area for dinner when Mr. Ahmed mentioned that he had received a call from his brother, Mohammad Yahya, inviting them to attend a wedding ceremony of his son in Japan. They would need to leave for Japan in 15 days for a month-long trip.

Upon hearing this, Helena expressed wonder on her face and said, "But baba, my final exams are about to start at the end of the month. How can I manage? I can't skip my exams."

Mr. Ahmed pondered this thoughtfully, nodding his head slowly. Then he replied, "So, you will have to stay here." He added, "And what about Fatima?"

"I'm free until then, Baba," Fatima replied.

He hummed in response, then decided to let Helena stay at home, and Faris would be with her.

After 15 days, when Mr. Ahmed, Ayesha, and Fatima were ready to head to the airport, they met Helena and Faris. Helena became emotional, tears were filling her eyes as she hugged her stepmother, then her father, and Fatima. They departed for the airport, while Helena and Faris returned inside the house.

°°°°°°°

Helena was having lunch with Alex at the cafe, gradually reducing her time with Mia. She also started skipping her Salah and supplications. Zaim and Mia noticed this, but they said nothing because they were not sure about it, nor did they discuss it with each other.

It was an usual day when Mia was with Zaim, John, and Alex however, Helena was busy in talking with principal.

Mia joyfully suggested to everyone about Helena's upcoming birthday, which was due on the following Friday.
"Guys, why don't we celebrate Helena's birthday, huh? I'm thinking of giving her a surprise,' she said.

Before Zaim could respond, Alex offered, "I'll arrange everything at my mansion. Don't worry about anything. If anyone of you wants to add something or has ideas about that, just let me know. I'll handle everything."

Mia and John agreed, while Zaim, lost in thought, was happy and considering how to make Helena feel special.

At midnight, Helena was on the phone with Alex.

"What were you doing, Alex?"

"Nothing, babe, just playing on my Xbox."

"Hmm."

"You tell."

"Umm, ahh, nothing special."

"Don't you miss me, huh? That's not good, Helena."

"Hahaha, it's not like that. I'm missing you so much right now Alex."

"You know how much I love you. I can't even think of any girl other than you. I love you, Helena."

"I know. That's why I blindly trust you. Love you too, Alex."

With that, Alex saw the girl from Daegu was calling him on the phone.

"Ahh, babe, I have to go. I have some work to do. Talk to you later, hmm?"

"Hmm, okay."

"Just give me a kiss. I'm waiting."

She kissed the phone and immediately ended the call as her cheeks started burning. Then she went to bed, tossing and turning with a bright smile, placing her palms on her face in joy in shy as she got everything she wanted.

But she never knew what disasters were coming into her life. She didn't even have any idea of the circumstances she would have to go through, because she was lost in her imaginative world with Alex. She didn't care about the real world. Although in love with Alex, she almost forgot about God."