Three: Life Is Either A Daring Adventure or Nothing At All

Nothing, absolutely nothing. Six months since we left with my Aunt and her huntresses and nothing. We rested at the border of Washington and Oregon why? Because Artemis had a hunch and she was wrong because I had a vision. I still don't know why I get them but I do and they always come true. A forest near Nevada there is a sun stone that has a message on it. I couldn't see what it said but I knew we had to go to Nevada.

We continued across the plains stopping every so often to fuel and rest ourselves. I decided early that morning that I would go and meditate in nature; preparing for my meditation I decided I would wear a blue tank top and of course a pair of my denim bell bottom jeans to go over my brown combat boots. My hair was in a braid like normal; trying to cool myself in this heat was easy because like my dad I wasn't affected by the sun. I put on my metal breast plate and clipped Blue-Devil to the waistband of my jeans.

I walked into the forest and found the perfect; rock near the campsite. It was perfect and I took a seat on the rock; I carefully crossed my legs and went to work; taking deep breaths and relaxing my mind. A butterfly landed on my knee and I put my hand down and it climbed onto my finger. What a majestic little creature.

After my meditation I walked back over to the campsite; another great day.

"Morning, Ivy." Haylen said when I arrived.

"Morning." I responded, taking a seat on the grass near what was left of the smoldering fire. My eyes wandered to the light that was seeping through the trees. It reminded me of a waterfall the way it fell with brilliant patterns.

"Practice dueling with Ivy." Artemis said, taking me out of my trants. Good, one thing I was actually good at. Dueling. Sometimes I feel like that was the only reason Artemis agreed for me to join. Miles was good at strategies and helped us with geography, Olliver and Ariel gave us knowledge about the different plants 

whether they be poisonous or not. Then you have Jude, who gave us all fresh water from the ground or whatever small body we found. Haylen was her favorite though; he had the ability to manipulate gravity and whether Artemis would admit it or not I know she had a soft spot for him. I felt the need to prove myself whenever she wanted me to duel someone; so I put an extra 110 percent into my battle plan.

A whistle sounded. "Begin." Artemis announced. I quickly got into a stance Miles taught me from the very beginning. Haylen began by pushing his blade towards my face; however I blocked him with Blue-Devil which to my surprise made his face distort in flusteration. I quickly lashed his shoulder while he was distracted and once again his face distorted. Always keep focus.

"Ivy!" Ollie yelled at me in pain. It's a duel, what do you expect; plus. I'll heal him afterward. I twirled Blue-Devil in my hand then quickly cut his legs. Just enough for blood to ruin. Haylen hurled his arm at me yet again and I blocked him with ease. He hopped over me but used his powers to keep his sword angled toward my face.

 "That's not fair!" I yelled. I mean Artemis didn't say we couldn't use our powers. But still, it's a duel. You use your skills not your abilities. Haylen smiled at me; a smile that I've seen before a psychotic smile. I stretched my hand forward and used my powers to bend the sunlight. I blinded him temporarily; and he fell to the ground.

"Woo, Ivy." Miles said and gave me a hug. I smiled as everyone congratulated me. I won, and even Artemis approved. I felt like I made a name for myself.

"So, congratulations." Haylen said rudely.

"The competitiveness seems to run in this family." I smiled and offered my hand which he refused to shake.