Rainy Nights - Ryeji

Short story

Third person pov

Yeji was awoken by the sounds of light rain drops hitting the window. She loves the rain especially at night because she thinks it's better when it rains at night. She finds it more calming at night then she does during the day.

She slowly gets up from the bed, careful not to wake up her girlfriend who was still sleeping with light snores coming out her mouth as she laid on her belly with her face squished against the pillow. She stands and walks to the front porch to watch the rain.

She leans against the porch rail as she enjoys the sound of the rain. A few minutes had passed and the rain hadn't stopped yet. As she was listening to the rain she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist. It was her girlfriend Ryujin who looked half asleep.

“What are you doing up this late?" Ryujin asked in her usual sleepy voice.

“It was raining and you know I like the sound of rain especially at night" Yeji said as she placed her hands on Ryujin’s arms that were wrapped around her waist.

“Wanna go on the balcony and watch the rain together?" Ryujin asked

“Sure if you want," Yeji said turning to look at her.

“Come on, I'll grab our coats you just wait for me at the balcony door ok" She said and I nodded

Ryujin went to their walk-in closest to grab their coats while Yeji waited for her near where the balcony entrance was. Once Ryujin got their coats she walked to where Yeji was and gave her one of the coats. They put them on before Ryujin opened the door for her.

The rain got heavy as they stepped out and sat on the two chairs that were out on the small balcony. They sat there for hours as the rain finally calmed down and eventually stopped. The couple stayed out there talking for a little before going back inside and taking off their coats.

“That was nice" Ryujin said

“It really was," Yeji said as she went closer to Ryujin.

“I’m cold now, can we go lay back down in our room and you can warm me up a little” Yeji said

"Of course my love” Ryujin said and gave Yeji a peck on the lips.

The two went back to their room and cuddled for the rest of the night.