Chapter 5 - Dresses

Hello helloo. Hope you enjoooy. xx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 5

♡ Alyssa’s POV ♡

I was sat on one of the many chairs that were aligned in rows across the yard area that Shay and Jordan managed to rent for their enchanting, fairy-tale like wedding. They wanted to be able to pay for the location of where it was being held because their parents had offered to pay for the wedding dress, plus the food that was going to be served. The place wasn’t massive, although it fit just perfectly for the occasion. There was a small cabin located off to the side where Shay would be able to patiently wait until it was her cue to meet her future husband in the small, white gazebo. She would walk down the aisle that would be surrounded by flowers and lace banners, and most importantly, people she loved. We were only doing rehearsals for the big night, but I could already imagine how exciting it would be to see it actually happening.

However, the amount of excitement that I held, and was amount of stress that weighed upon Shay. Her constant worrying about something going wrong was kind of scary, although I guess I could kind of understand the position she was in; you don’t get married every day, and a girl’s dream is to make her day worth every single time she spent planning and fantasizing about it.

“I can’t do this”, she whined, fanning herself with her hand and taking a seat in the chair next to me. Everyone else groaned.

“Don’t say that, you’ve got this far here, there’s no turning back now”, I chuckled while she sent me a glare.

“Babe, c’mon, you’re doing great and you’re going to do great when it happens so stop stressing”, Jordan said, walking from his place in the gazebo to where we were sat.

“You’re not the one who’s going to walk down this damn aisle while everyone stares at you”, she replied, her eyes widening at the realization of the horrendous attention she’d be receiving. “What if I trip and fall over, what if my dress rips? Oh my god.”

I stared at her as she panicked for the millionth time in a single hour, and then quickly glanced at Jordan who rolled his eyes, laughing. I quietly giggled to myself and patted Shay on the back, standing up to go get something to eat from the side table. There weren’t many people here, just the ones that were more involved in the process, like the bridesmaids, grooms, parents, and Nana, for now. I was assigned the role of being maid of honour and I was more than thrilled to be in that position. I’d found out that Harry was best man, although he still had to finish working his shift at the bakery once I’d left and gone over to Shay’s.

“Oh Aly!” I heard Shay shout behind me. I turned around as she approached, “I need you to go try on your dress to see if it fits properly. The store gave me a call to say they had it ready but try it on beforehand just in case it needs any work done on it before Saturday.”

I smiled, “Alright, I will now. Are you coming with?”

“Erm, no I can’t. I need to make sure everything here is set. Why don’t you take someone else, I’m sure someone will be willing to go with you around here, and I’ll try to look for someone too.”

“Okay, I’ll go ask Nana real quick.” She nodded and I walked away, walking over to where Nana and Aunt Claire were conversing about the wedding.

“Hello dear, do you need anything?” Aunt Claire smiled.

 “Nothing big, Shay just asked me to go try on the dress and I was just wondering if any of you want to come with?”

I stared at the both them, before Nana quickly glanced somewhere behind me and smiled and then bringing her attention back to me, “Oh no dear, I don’t think we can. We’ve just got to do more practice runs with this whole thing before it’s finally settled.”