Chapter 7: A Flicker of Jealousy

Taehyung wasn’t the only one who noticed Jimin’s beauty and grace. The other omegas in the castle watched him with envy and curiosity. Many of them tried to get close to Taehyung, hoping to win his favor, but the Alpha’s attention was always elsewhere.

One day, an omega named Minji approached Taehyung while he was in the gardens with Jimin. She was known for her beauty and had always believed she would be the one to capture the Alpha’s heart.

"Good afternoon, Taehyung," Minji said, her voice dripping with sweetness.

Taehyung barely glanced at her, his attention still focused on Jimin. "Good afternoon, Minji," he replied politely.

Minji's smile faltered when she saw the way Taehyung looked at Jimin. She turned to Jimin, her tone turning icy. "You must be the new gardener. I've heard a lot about you."

Jimin nodded, sensing the tension. "Yes, that's me. It's nice to meet you."

Minji’s eyes narrowed. "I suppose you must be very talented to have caught the Alpha’s attention."

Jimin felt a pang of discomfort but remained polite. "I just do my best."

Taehyung, sensing the unease, stepped closer to Jimin. "Jimin's work speaks for itself. The gardens have never been more beautiful."

Minji forced a smile, her eyes flashing with jealousy. "Of course, Taehyung. I was just curious."

After Minji left, Jimin turned to Taehyung. "I didn't mean to cause any trouble."

"You didn’t," Taehyung assured him. "Some people just don’t understand that beauty comes from within, not just from appearances."

Jimin felt a warmth spread through his chest at Taehyung's words. Despite the jealousy of others, he knew Taehyung valued him for who he truly was.