chapter twenty

Featured song
Espresso
(Sabrina Carpenter)

It had been a blur how three days went by. It was the day of the party. It has three phases which goddamn someone hosted. People at uni were going crazy about the party and were eager for the last day.

I had woken up pretty late because classes start on Wednesday which is three days from now. It was hard for me to even get up. I had been arranging and studying at the same time. Yeah, I started my pre classes. It was kinda interesting and I wasn't this much excited for anything in my whole life. I have talked to a few seniors and they were all sweet. They even helped me with things and showed me around.

I also enquired about the syllabus and they said,  during midterms it would get hard because of the assignments and exams. And the midterms start on September first, which is like only a month away. 

Despite that, I was excited.

It became pacing in the afternoon. I dragged my body through the hallways of the hostel and sat in the cafeteria. I must mention that Bangalore uni’s food is becoming my kinda food. The Appam here is to die for. I got a plate of upma and made myself seated.

I resumed the Tom and Jerry show and started watching it. It was so hilarious that I didn't recognise that a person was seated right in front of me. And that person was the love of my life.

“Motherfu-”  I muttered, swearing under my breath. 

“You were lost in there, mate,” Vedant said, placing his food on the table, With eyes wide open.

“Yeah, I could get lost in it,” I paused  the video and sat straight. “So! How's life?” 

How's life? Out of all the smart things I could have said, I ask that? I could have slapped myself right now if he weren't here, standing erm sitting in front of me with his beautiful presence.

“Life kinda sucks right now,” 

I crooked my eyebrows in unison wondering what was bothering him.

“Why is that?” 

.....

“Ved?”

“..... It would suck forever… for you,”

“For me?”

“Yeah, Vi has got into UB,”

“What? Here?”

“No, the juniors sec… isn't that just great?”

“The U-... Yes! Yes, of course it is!”

“Now I'm gonna be babysitting him all my life,”

“I- I didn't know he was interested in medicine,”

“He’s not. He’s totally in LLM”

“What?! I never- Vivaan?? Law??”

He laughed. “We’re going sightseeing today and I'm taking you with me, at five”

“What, no!”

“You are coming and that's final,”

“Listen.. I cant.. I am not,”

“Oh come on! Man up and talk to him, Aditya! I cannot match you two all my life!”

“Man up? I think you should say that to your little tit,” 

“Oh come on, don't swear at me!”

“BRO I'M LITERALLY SAYING THAT GUY IS ANGRY AT ME FOR NO REASON, and you are telling me to apologize to that asshole,”