73

Messenger

daffodil ☀️
12:10 pm

lunch time! let's go to our spot na ^___^
eli? are you there?
you're usually online na around this time, should i pick you up?

im not in the classroom
you can find me in the restroom

what's wrong eli?
you sound off...

nothing, it's just that

hmm?
im on my way, hang in there my eli

am i less deserving of love just because i also like women?

-

primrose
elsie lorraine

It was yet another day to take in homophobia in my veins. I'm usually good at handling criticisms about my sexual preferences but I can't seem to be that person today.

I'm breaking down, I believe.

My hands are shaking as tears cascades down my eyes, probably ruining the mascara I applied moments before I'm supposed to pick up Moni from her classroom, moments before they told me I shouldn't be so happy with her because what we're doing was wrong. And that it was never right for them. It feels insanely gut wrenching that I'm starting to breathe a little different— I can't breathe well, I can't think well, I simply need her.

If it wasn't right for them, then so be it. Why would they torment people who chose to love differently? Different. . . I hate myself for defining my love as different.

How in the world am I loving different? When I'm also in love with a person, with a human. The same kinds of what they love?

Before another train of thought scars me, the door opened, I heard a similar foot steps and I knew it was the person I long to see. Hastily, I opened the cubicle door to meet Simone's worried eyes, I ran to her and tightly hugged her as I let myself cry in the arms of my love. It was a hug that never fails to personify a home, it was undoubtedly warm and open for me.

"I have an idea of what has happened, Eli. And it's alright if you don't wish to speak about it for now, cry your heart out. I'm here." she hushed me, kissing top of my head as she caress my back, it was a surge of comfort fighting the thoughts I've had before she came in.

"We were never wrong aren't we?" I sobbed, and I felt her nod. That's right, to love is never a sin, and it will never be.

What defines us wrong is the spiteful eyes of the society that believes in a what they thought a permanent custom that a man is made for a woman and vise versa. But who is wrong? It is not us, it is them. It is wrong for them to believe that that is the only acceptable love to ever transpire. Because love takes in too many forms, and in any ways there are, it is love still. And no amount of hatred would ever alter that.

"We should be unapologetically gays, Simone." I looked at her and smiled.

"Hmm, we weren't supposed to be sorry for who we choose to be and to love anyways."

We chuckled in unison to that before she kissed my forehead and looked at me eye to eye.

"It'll always be you and I against the world, my love. So, continue to be yourself and be a reminder to this cruel yet pulchritudinous world that even though you chose to love a girl, it is inevitably a beautiful love that would inspire them to pursue love without putting a veil to who they really are."

"Because you certainly did that to me."

-

happy pride ! 💐🏳️‍🌈