Chapter 5

The Prophecy

Julien awoke the next morning with a renewed sense of purpose. The events of the previous night still played vividly in his mind—the eerie warehouse, the wraith, and the vital documents he had retrieved. He knew that today, Lucien would share the next steps in their mission against the Ebon Masks.

He dressed quickly and made his way to the training grounds, where Lucien and several other members of the Shadow Legion awaited him. The atmosphere was charged with anticipation, everyone eager to hear what Lucien had to say.

Lucien stood at the center of the room, a map of Paris spread out before him, marked with various points of interest. He looked up as Julien entered, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Good morning, Julien. I trust you slept well?"

"Well enough," Julien replied, stepping closer. "What's our next move?"

Lucien's expression turned serious. "Last night, you did more than just disrupt the Ebon Masks' plans. You brought back valuable intelligence that could turn the tide in our favor." He gestured to the documents laid out on the table. "These papers detail their operations and, more importantly, suggest they are pursuing something of great importance."

"A prophecy?" Julien echoed, intrigued. "What does it say?"

Lucien nodded. "According to the documents, the Ebon Masks are searching for something powerful and ancient. They believe it will give them the upper hand in their quest for chaos and dominance."

A murmur of concern rippled through the assembled warriors. Julien felt a chill run down his spine. "Do they know what this thing is?"

Lucien's gaze met Julien's, his eyes dark with worry. "The specifics are unclear, but it seems tied to an ancient prophecy. We need to uncover more details before they do."

The room fell silent. Julien stared at Lucien, disbelief and confusion warring within him. "So what do we do now?"

"We prepare," Lucien said firmly. "We cannot let them gain this power. That's why I'm assigning you a solo mission, one that will allow us to gauge their next move and give you a chance to grow even stronger."

He handed Julien another map, this one marked with the location of an abandoned mansion on the outskirts of the city. "There's a supernatural entity lurking in this mansion, one that has been linked to the Ebon Masks. Your task is to investigate, eliminate the threat, and uncover any information that might be useful."

Julien took the map, his resolve hardening. "I'll do it. I'll prove that I'm not just some pawn in their game."

Lucien placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "We believe in you, Julien. Remember, you're not alone in this. The Shadow Legion stands with you."

As Julien prepared for his mission, Lucien pulled him aside. "There's something you need to know about the supernatural entities we face," he said, his tone grave. "These creatures are born of dark magic and malevolent intent. They feed on fear and chaos, growing stronger with each act of destruction they commit. Each one has a unique vulnerability, and discovering it is key to defeating them."

Julien listened intently, absorbing every word. "How do I find out their weaknesses?"

"Observation and intuition," Lucien replied. "Pay attention to their behavior, their reactions. Use your harmonic resonance to feel out their patterns. And trust your instincts."

Before Julien could respond, Lucien called over another member of the Shadow Legion, a young woman with fiery red hair and piercing green eyes. "Julien, this is Elise. She will accompany you on your mission."